Shipping from India to europe, why it's fucked?

Sampei

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
Why is it so easy to ship from China to Europe but from India to europe is getting seized most of the time?
Anyone has an explanation for this? I'm just curious, as india has a massive generic market for pharma drugs and we from europe can't access it.

They do it legally in India as they declare what the package really contains. And since packages are strictly controlled for tax in europe, they are not getting through. That's why you can buy Indian pharma from Uk to eu since it can be declared as something else.

They do it legally in India as they declare what the package really contains. And since packages are strictly controlled for tax in europe, they are not getting through. That's why you can buy Indian pharma from Uk to eu since it can be declared as something else.
actually from UK to EU after brexit custom is a bitch

Yes they control it more often but that is cutoms being customs. If they declared something legal from India, the story should be very different.
to bad I'm not in UK and don't have any contact in UK.
I had a custom inspection on a package of empty vials and bac water from UK last time I ordered after brexit lol

Because China ships to the US and EU using 3PL (third party logistics) companies. Basically, a container filled with thousands of small packages, from hundreds of companies, is consolidated in China, and sent to the EU or US. The 3PL company transmits an electronic file to customs, which lists sender/recipient/contents, etc.

99% of the time customs never touches the container, They simply process the entire shipment based on the electronic data sent to them. 3PL gets a green light and the container leaves the airport. It goes to a facility where the 3PL company ships to the local customer. The contraband in hidden in this huge volume of packages.

India doesn't send using 3PLs. Not enough volume for this shipping model. They use the regular postal system, where parcels are processed the old fashioned way, one by one, often being sent through the x-ray machine.

Also note everything being sent from India is getting named on a manifest. This manifest is necessary for the Indian side customs. If it is checked and it doesn't match what's on the manifest the shippers get in trouble. I believe this is what's causing controlled substance is to get seized at high rates now to the USA. I imagine there are some shippers in India that will lie on the manifest regardless of the consequences or they have a workaround. It seems some packs are still getting through to the US with controlled substances but that may be out of sheer negligence on the CBP side. Maybe @Ghoul has a more in depth idea as to why this is happening

Because China ships to the US and EU using 3PL (third party logistics) companies. Basically, a container filled with thousands of small packages, from hundreds of companies, is consolidated in China, and sent to the EU or US. The 3PL company transmits an electronic file to customs, which lists sender/recipient/contents, etc.

99% of the time customs never touches the container, They simply process the entire shipment based on the electronic data sent to them. 3PL gets a green light and the container leaves the airport. It goes to a facility where the 3PL company ships to the local customer. The contraband in hidden in this huge volume of packages.

India doesn't send using 3PLs. Not enough volume for this shipping model. They use the regular postal system, where parcels are processed the old fashioned way, one by one, often being sent through the x-ray machine.
I'm surprised with the huge market possibilities of flooding Europe with cheap pharma generics on the black market no sources are trying to find a way to smuggles those meds.

I mean I get bounced by every Indian source selling Indian generics meds.

Thankfully we have guys like @pharmacist making it easy for us in EU to access pharma ancillaries.

Also note everything being sent from India is getting named on a manifest. This manifest is necessary for the Indian side customs. If it is checked and it doesn't match what's on the manifest the shippers get in trouble. I believe this is what's causing controlled substance is to get seized at high rates now to the USA. I imagine there are some shippers in India that will lie on the manifest regardless of the consequences or they have a workaround. It seems some packs are still getting through to the US with controlled substances but that may be out of sheer negligence on the CBP side. Maybe @Ghoul has a more in depth idea as to why this is happening

This article helps explain the system somewhat. Note this reference:

"U.S. Customs is purchasing software to help analyze and target small shipments but doesn’t have enough resources to inspect most packages, said Karen Lobdell, a senior manager for Thomson Reuters’ global trade automation platform."

This is actually an AI system that cost nearly $100 million. It analyzes the data that all shippers from China (mostly 3PL containers) and India (mostly mail) have to supply the US so they can "target" which packages to inspect. Among other things. if a shipper or recipient has had contraband seized before, a parcel will be flagged as a target. While that's obvious, it also does things like looking for changed address and name spellings, seen as an attempt to evade customs notice.

If there's enough "red flag" packs in a shipment, they tell the 3PL to divert the container from China to a customs facility, if it's mail from India, they tell the USPS to divert the bag to the International Mail Facility.

It's a lot easier to deal with a small bag with a few hundred parcels from India than a container with 20,000 looking for 2 or 3 parcels of interest. As that quote says, they don't have the resources (yet).

I believe the sudden increase in India seizures is a test run of the new software on the small, easily digestible low volume of packs from India, before getting to work on the Chinese shipments when the new laws pass and they massively expand inspection capability. This has been in process for years, and just about ready to go.

"Type 86" is the program that allows Chinese 3PLs to "self report" contents of their containers and bypass customs inspections. They're all freaking out because once the new laws go into place, any 3PL found to be accommodating illegal goods via false declarations will be suspended from Type 86 privileges, and effectively put out of business. The US will soon require those 3PLs to verify the identity of the shipping companies, and the specific person providing the content info for each package, using ID. That means when one of our China vendors here claims "perfume", and it turns out to be steroids, that company, and that individual popping up on future electronic manifests will result in that entire container getting detained for inspection. The shippers will start blacklisting the companies and individuals shipping sketchy products so they don't risk their legit business. It's already happened a few times, including when QSC had packs returned to them during a group buy and had to find a new shipper.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/us-customs-tightens-enforcement-on-low-value-e-commerce-trade/amp

Last edited:
This article helps explain the system somewhat. Note this reference:

"U.S. Customs is purchasing software to help analyze and target small shipments but doesn’t have enough resources to inspect most packages, said Karen Lobdell, a senior manager for Thomson Reuters’ global trade automation platform."

This is actually an AI system that cost nearly $100 million. It analyzes the data that all shippers from China (mostly 3PL containers) and India (mostly mail) have to supply the US so they can "target" which packages to inspect. Among other things. if a shipper or recipient has had contraband seized before, a parcel will be flagged as a target. While that's obvious, it also does things like looking for changed address and name spellings, seen as an attempt to evade customs notice.

If there's enough "red flag" packs in a shipment, they tell the 3PL to divert the container from China to a customs facility, if it's mail from India, they tell the USPS to divert the bag to the International Mail Facility.

It's a lot easier to deal with a small bag with a few hundred parcels from India than a container with 20,000 looking for 2 or 3 parcels of interest. As that quote says, they don't have the resources (yet).

I believe the sudden increase in India seizures is a test run of the new software on the small, easily digestible low volume of packs from India, before getting to work on the Chinese shipments when the new laws pass and they massively expand inspection capability. This has been in process for years, and just about ready to go.

"Type 86" is the program that allows Chinese 3PLs to "self report" contents of their containers and bypass customs inspections. They're all freaking out because once the new laws go into place, any 3PL found to be accommodating illegal goods via false declarations will be suspended from Type 86 privileges, and effectively put out of business. The US will soon require those 3PLs to verify the identity of the shipping companies, and the specific person providing the content info for each package, using ID. That means when one of our China vendors here claims "perfume", and it turns out to be steroids, that company, and that individual popping up on future electronic manifests will result in that entire container getting detained for inspection. The shippers will start blacklisting the companies and individuals shipping sketchy products so they don't risk their legit business. It's already happened a few times, including when QSC had packs returned to them during a group buy and had to find a new shipper.

http://www.freightwaves.com/news/us-customs-tightens-enforcement-on-low-value-e-commerce-trade (www.freightwaves.com/news/us-customs-tightens-enforcement-on-low-value-e-commerce-trade)
Luckily we all get enough raws for another 10-15 years of peace :)
And some TRT for life

Luckily we all get enough raws for another 10-15 years of peace :)
And some TRT for life

My warnings about "stocking up" were really motivated by the potential of those relying on "self administered TRT" being cut off and thrown at the mercy of health systems that have little concern for the well being and quality of life of men.

Bodybuilders have always had, and will continue to had access to AAS via their networks of fellow athletes, but the new crop of men appreciating life via TRT are not as "plugged in", and will be the first to suffer if this plays out the way I think it will.

My warnings about "stocking up" were really motivated by the potential of those relying on "self administered TRT" being cut off and thrown at the mercy of health systems that have little concern for the well being and quality of life of men.

Bodybuilders have always had, and will continue to had access to AAS via their networks of fellow athletes, but the new crop of men appreciating life via TRT are not as "plugged in", and will be the first to suffer if this plays out the way I think it will.
I guess we will see

Back