Should domestic sources learn from Trump advice?

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by master.on, Jan 1, 2017.

1. master.on

master.on Member

Donald Trump Offers a Cyber-Security Prescription: ‘Old-Fashioned’ Paper Sent by Courier

When it comes to hacking, Donald Trump has a solution: “Old-fashioned” snail mail.

The President-elect spoke to reporters on Saturday at his Mar-a-Lago New Year’s Eve party, saying that mail by courier is a sure way to ensure cyber security — “I don’t care what they say, no computer is safe,” the 70-year-old said.

“It’s very important, if you have something really important, write it out and have it delivered by courier, the old fashioned way. Because, I’ll tell you what, no computer is safe,” he said when asked how important the issue is to his incoming administration.

“I have a boy who’s 10 years old, he can do anything with a computer,” Trump said, referring to his youngest son Barron. “You want something to really go without detection, write it out and have it sent by courier.”

The comments come as U.S. intelligence agencies investigate Russian cyberattacks intended to interfere with the U.S. election.

Donald Trump Offers a Cyber-Security Prescription: ‘Old-Fashioned’ Paper Sent by Courier

So, should domestic sources send all customer service and money collection overseas (despite Trump's hire-domestic plea LOL), and send customer's orders details to domestic remailers the good ol way: a paper letter by mail (best if via courier) to an unrelated address?

They could even add some kind of secret tamper-evident features to know that the letter was opened/spied on.