Should hopping on gear affect my rest time/days?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by valuum, Oct 21, 2018.

1. valuum

valuum Member

I am by nature kind of an over-worker. I don't think I'm "overworking" but I do spend a lot of time in the gym due to being on GPS tether and bored as hell. I do basically PPL, with push day switching between chest focus and shoulder focus, and leg day alternates between quad focus (squats) and deadlift focus.

I have a hard time even taking that 7th day off, my life is SO sedentary otherwise I truly do not feel well unless I do something.

My question is this: does being on cycle give any benefit to longer rest times? I've always heard shit like "pros on gear can do 5 day splits because gear lets them reap the benefits of a week of recovery". Is there any science behind this? Doesn't it seem like it would be the opposite? That gear would allow me to reach 100% healed state quicker?

2. Keepittight

Keepittight Member

Nope, instead train with more volume on your workouts while on cycle. Break the muscle down and still give them the appropriate time to heal. Good luck.

3. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Gear helps you recover faster IME

4. valuum

valuum Member

Thank you! When I started lifting in prison everyone did 5 day bro splits because everyone learned how to work out based on those magazine work out splits that the "pros" supposedly use. I always had assumed it was just bullshit trying to pander to a lazy viewpoint ("you can get this big only hitting each muscle once a week") but sometimes on these boards you hear stuff about people on gear being able to utilize longer recovery times.

5. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

I've heard that some prisons are getting rid of their gyms. I guess they don't want a riot breaking out when there are 25, 35, and 45lb plates everywhere. COs probably don't want to be locked up with a bunch of buff inmates either lol.

6. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

You can expect to recover faster. But dont think you’re super man.

When I’m on a blast I’ll occsionaly skip a rest day and just restart my split. Listen to what your body’s telling you. There are no absolutes in this.

The big thing is guys on juice can afford to train once a week. They get better results. Natural lifters benefit from more frequency and less volume. If you’re on a hefty cycle, more frequency and morr volume is absolutely viable if you stay healthy and rest when you know you should.

T-Bagger likes this.