Should I tell my doc?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Mw870, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Mw870

Mw870 Junior Member

Hey hopefully I picked the right place to post this pretty new here.

So about 6 months ago I went and saw my dr and an endo about thinking I had low testosterone levels. Blood work showed that I was low but still on the chart for what is deemed acceptable, thus they both basically said they can not treat me regardless of my symptoms due to being catagorized as normal even if I am on the low end. Since then I found a reputable UG source and have been essentially self prescribing TRT for the past 6 months, my bloods are all in check all my symptoms are gone and I feel better than I ever have. So this being said would it be viable to just open up to my dr? In hopes he might look at my recent tests and agree to give me a script? Or screw it and just continue on with what I’ve been doing? I know at some point I’ll have to go on DR prescribed TRT just figure the sooner the better, I guess my only other choice would be to come off and get tested while my levels are in the dumps again but I’d like to avoid that.

2. Fryguy

Fryguy Member

I'd say no man. Why not go the clinic route if you're in the states?

3. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Look into the potential issues you may have with insurance down the road, if AAS usage is mentioned anywhere in your medical history.

4. Mw870

Mw870 Junior Member

I’m in Canada unfortunately and all I’ve been able to dig up near me is anti aging clinics which will just laugh you out of there at my age (25), I actually had lower test before I started than my father at almost double my age.

5. Fryguy

Fryguy Member

I know the Canadian health care system is much different than ours so I can't help much. In my opinion though, telling any medical professional that you are taking drugs illegally is not a good idea.

6. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

This has come up a lot recently. It comes down to trust and your doctor being true to patient confidentiality. It differs by state down here in the US. But I wouldn’t value a medical relationship if I couldn’t be honest so that they understand any test results, conditions, etc. What good is a doc if they’re shooting blind?

That being said, you’ve self medicated to what you see as a prexisting condition; low T. My doc wouldn’t treat my need to be bigger lol. My situation is a bit different, so I guess I don’t have anything useful for you.

Just1more likes this.
  7. Mw870

Mw870 Junior Member

Alright thanks for the input, proving to be a hard subject to dig info up about. Any thoughts on the other option of coming off and getting retested? I’m almost certain after 6 months on that I wouldn’t recover to deemable normal levels. My concern then would be trying to force his hand could go south easily too and raise alarms about having done it illegally anyways

8. Mac11wildcat

That is not recommended. Depending on how long ago you tested, your doc is going to know you’ve crashed somehow...

That’s blatant dishonesty (lie) vs don’t ask don’t tell. Don’t think endos enjoy being forcibly put in a corner to prescribe trt.

9. Mw870

Mw870 Junior Member

Yeah it’s by far something I’d want to do just looking at my options but in the end really having a script would just be for convenience so I guess it’s not the end of the world. I just know it’ll have to happen at some point because if I’m on for life at some point my source will be calling it quits haha.

I just can’t imagine having to come off seeing how much it’s turned my life around, so trying to set up my future in anyway I can ASAP is always on my agenda.

Thanks for the input though, I’m thinking with all that’s been said I’ll just stick to UG/self prescribing and staying well stocked.

10. Mw870

Mw870 Junior Member

This being said though does your doc know your on now? Or just that you were interested and how did they take it? Or were you on before you had broughthen it up?

11. Mac11wildcat

I’m not a TRT candidate, my levels were fine. Im a competitive bodybuilder. Doc knows (i spent time finding someone who sees more athletes than not and wouldn’t just lecture me). That said, I handle a lot of my own bloods and just one insurance paid for physical a year.

12. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Didn't realize you were in Canada. Jumped the gun. AAS usage is legal there, no?

13. Mw870

Mw870 Junior Member

It’s a fine line, possessing them is legal but buying and selling is illegal, so by not having a script for them I’d technically still be illegal I believe? So in a round about way it could still bite me in the ass I guess.

14. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Same boat here @Mw870, in Canada and low end of normal. I did get a script for hcg and Ralox from Naturapathic doc. Got too expensive and not covered by my benefits. I decided to self administer TRT from UGL as well but I started with a 15 week blast first which is just coming to end in the next couple weeks, then run a trt dose.

15. Mw870

Mw870 Junior Member

Well good to know I’m not alone at least lol, how did you like hcg? Will you keep it up during TRT or don’t think so? I’ve bsen curious about running it but have only seen people using it pre pct so not sure how you could work it into TRT since you’re never coming off or if it would even be beneficial

16. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I definately felt better on it than not on anything at all. I had one more refill and meant to pick it up at the start of my blast and didn't so now the script expired. HCG Monotherapy is a legitimate HRT program and may have stayed with it of I could have kept up with the costs. As far as running with the ugl test, I won't be. However if I ever decide to come off I will probably run it as PCT.

17. Slab

Slab Member

What was your protocol on just hcg?

18. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

1000iu 2x a week with 60mg Ralox every day

19. clear0cn

clear0cn Member

I'm on the same boat , from Canada as well. I told my doc, she accepted to monitor me with blood works. But I don't think I'll be prescribed test anytime soon.