Shoulder injury trading advice?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Storm, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Storm

Storm Member

ok. So injured my shoulder. Went to Otho doctor and right now it's small tear in rotator cuff along with bursitis. The funny thing is that I can do shoulder exercises ( most ) but chest exercises like flat bench is excruciating. I'm half way through a cycle and née to keep training. Advice?

2. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

So if it is just a small tear, it is best to work lower body for now as you want to allow the cuff to heal. However once you tear a cuff it will give you some problems down the line.

Once it heals start very light and go slow.

3. Ozzy619

Ozzy619 Member

Face pulls with light weight for rotator cuff

MindlessWork likes this.
  4. B Easy

B Easy Member

Dumbbells for chest day, and have your palms face each other on your pressing movements to take some pressure off the shoulder. Also keep your elbows tucked close to your body, and concentrate on controlling the weight on the way down with your lats. This has always me helped train chest while also allowing me to heal my shoulder problems. And then eventually once its healed I get cocky and do something stupid to hurt the other one lol

Storm and MindlessWork like this.
  5. Seven Dog

Seven Dog Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Imo stop the cycle and let your shoulder heal. You don't want to have it cut on later. You can always start another cycle, you can't rip your shoulder off and get a new one, well you probably can but it won't look right.

MindlessWork and Ozzy619 like this.
  6. Ozzy619

Ozzy619 Member

Absolutely right, snap city to shoulderville is a one way ticket

MindlessWork and Seven Dog like this.
  7. hotdog23

hotdog23 Member

Same for me. Tear in posterior labrum

NO FLAT BENCH!!!!! Just forget about it

OHP
    Dips
    Cable flyes

You need to get a good rotator cuff program and do it 5x week

Internal and external rotation is the focus

http://www.dieselcrew.com/how-to-shoulder-rehab

^^^ very intensive, you don't need it all. My shoulders and chest look great and I basically never flat bench. It sux but is what it is. Be happy to answer any questions in PM brotha. Your days of growth and development are not over!!!

Storm, MindlessWork and Seven Dog like this.
  8. MindlessWork

That also goes for any major injury of any major joint (including knees,elbows and ankles)

Ozzy619 likes this.
  9. MindlessWork

And hips I may add as well

10. Storm

Storm Member

Thanks for this! Good info.

hotdog23 likes this.
  11. MindlessWork

Best to back off any hard training till your shoulder heals. Also do any exercises that the doc advises you to do. For shoulder injury all you basically could do is legs/lower body as well as cardio

Oregongearhead likes this.
  12. P/T those delts . cables & light weights . I did P/T 3 different times for both sides bursitis . Havent had a problem in 3 years now.
    Work around the injury and if it hurts dont do it . Goodluck