Silk Road 2.0 Hack/Theft of $2.7 in BitCoin

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Gape Van Damme, Feb 14, 2014.

1. I am a proponent of the Deep Web/TOR, however, this situation goes to show you that cryptocurrency and anonymity networks are still susceptible to in-house theft and hacking.

www. deepdotweb.com/2014/02/13/silk-road-2-hacked-bitcoins-stolen-unknown-amount

Edited: Edited so as not to link-back to forum.

2. Big_paul

Big_paul Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

is that 2.7 million? thats going to screw things up a bit?

3. Holl

Holl Member

Sorry but too Mission Impossibly for me. Give me a solid guy who answers all his emails, delivers when and what he says and forget trying to triangulate 7 connections across 5 continents, encrypted with 3 levels..blah blah.

Sorry but we are buying steroids not weapons grade plutonium.

EnduroPro likes this.
  4. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

Steroid dealers may be the ones most concerned about these protections although some steroid consumers have a lot to lose as well and benefit too.

Yeah, selling steroids isn't weapons grade plutonium but its enough for the POTUS to put a steroid dealer on the Kingpin list, enough for DEA to spend tens of millions of dollars to travel to foreign countries to set up/arrest/extradite steroid dealers and enough for INTERPOL to put steroid dealers on their most wanted list.

It all sounds silly. But being a steroid dealer is not without its occupational hazards.

mands and beezil like this.
  5. mands

mands Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Rumor has it they found the persons responsible. Owner is going to try and pay back all bitcoins stolen and do without escrow for the Vendors.

Escrow for consumers is ideal. For the Vendors not so much.

mands

6. Big_paul

Big_paul Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

hell all we want to do is look good. its a modern day witch hunt witch hunt.