Sleep apnea, t production, ED

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Atillah67, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Atillah67

Atillah67 Member

Who has experience alleviating symptoms of sleep apnea? Docs tell me my air passageways are just naturally small and my airflow is poor. She said weight and neck size were not large and the literal construction of the throat and the nasal passageways were just causing the problems with sleep.

I have had issues with sleep since HS. I have always needed something to sleep. Girlfriends have let me know I snore. I have suffered from ED badly for the past 6 years, and its only gotten worse. Does anyone have any success treating sleep apnea and improving erections?

I have read from a few studies there is a link. Doc is recommending surgery eventually and CPAP for now.

2. I’d advise against surgery, at least because the sleep medicine dr I saw said it’s pricey and not very effective, cpap would be your best bet. When I started trt I think I either developed sleep apnea or it got worse, but mine was diagnosed as mild, like 5-10 pauses. I tried the cpap but couldn’t last more than an hour before tearing it off, and returned it cause I had to pay 30%.

In the last year I’ve noticed I no longer wake up rock hard, more like partial boners, but it could be because of meds or my poor sleep habits and being early 30’s I’m more sensitive idk. Sometimes when I have a sex dream or something I’ll get rock hard. Anyway I’m not too concerned atm because as soon as I wake up I get hard, way better than when I was on trt. The dr did mention sleep apnea can lead to ED and hormonal issues tho.

Atillah67 likes this.
  3. Atillah67

Atillah67 Member

Awesome that you found solutions. I find it amazing that guys are all over the board on whether TRT long term helps them with boners or not. I had ED issues way, way before TRT but I have had trouble sleeping since adolescence.

The Terminator likes this.
  4. I mean I’ll still usually wake up with like a half boner, and still wake up groggy but my libido and boner quality the rest of the day is better than it was on trt. I’m guessing there is some other hormone that’s suppressed by trt that isn’t replaced by trt that my body needed, cause both improved when I added hcg and even more post trt. Before trt the only ED I’d get was either from drugs, low hormones because of the drugs or anxiety.

Atillah67 likes this.
  5. Atillah67

Atillah67 Member

Ive noticed my libido is much improved when on regular hcg. I just dont always have access to it. HCG shots will give me random boners the next day during the day, like being teenaged again.

6. Atillah67

Atillah67 Member

And, its interesting some guys are so happy on TRT and swear by it, while it does this stuff to other guys. Maybe a lot of the happier ones are ones having that stuff constantly monitored and altered as needed.

7. Regular like the powder vs the recombinant prefilled pen/syringe? Yeah definitely like hCG more than trt, if I have to stay on something I’d rather do hCG mono.

That could be, I was basically given a prescription and left to myself to request bloodwork. But I think I’ve seen a few guys who are monitored complain but too. The first couple weeks-months were good but then meh.

Atillah67 likes this.