Sleep Apnea

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by roastdawg, Dec 1, 2018.

1. roastdawg

roastdawg Member

My girlfriend says I'm snoring super loud and stopping breathing in my sleep. Sounds like classic sleep apnea. My question is has anyone here just went ahead and bought a CPAP machine off of Amazon or whatever instead of going thru their doctor? Reason I'm asking is pure laziness, no way I want to deal with the overnight sleep study.

2. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

Dk but i need sum advice on sleep fapnea wen i wake up in the mornings im beat

3. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Yeah just grab it off Craigslist for $200 and go on the forum called
    free cpap advice
    If you need help

roastdawg likes this.
  4. roastdawg

roastdawg Member

Perfect thanks dude

5. bambam333

bambam333 Member

I starting using one about 6 months ago I have more energy it took a few weeks to get used to it and also feel it working and now I dont have wake up to my girl fuckin poking me to turn over

roastdawg likes this.
  6. roastdawg

roastdawg Member

Doctor prescribed or did you pick it up on your own?

7. bambam333

bambam333 Member

made the dr prescribe I pay enough for my fuckin insurance so I make them pay for everything even my ibuprofen I make them prescribe. Takes alil getting used to trying to fall asleep like darth vader but its worth it and my mouth doesnt feel like I been getting face fucked all night when I wake up from being a mouth breather it has a built in humidifer

The Terminator and Eman like this.
  8. Eman

Eman Member

There really is a certain joy in racking up charge after charge to be billed to your insurance provider with CPAP items. I probably have at least $5k wrapped up in mine, probably more, and I've never paid a cent out of pocket.

9. MoTren

MoTren Member

I am going through this right now. With insurance my out of pocket for a new machine will be less than what I could find otherwise.

I did a home sleep study. I didn’t even know that was an option until the doc suggested it. They mail the equipment to your house and you sleep with it one night.

Pretty easy.

10. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Any of you guys tried inspire? I keep hearing adds for it on the radio. Just curious

11. roastdawg

roastdawg Member

I'm interested in that one too. Been trying the CPAP out for about three weeks now after testing out with severe osa. Haven't had great results with the CPAP yet. Have had to go with the full face mask and can finally keep it on most of the night but really don't feel anymore rested than normal. And sleeping is a total chore with it on.

12. Koyan

Koyan Junior Member

Don't give up. My first six weeks or so were a nightmare, I slept worse and felt like a zombie during the day. But then I also switched to a full face mask and it still took a couple of weeks, but you do eventually get used to it and you really will feel better.

But man, those first few weeks were horrible. I dreaded going to bed every night. Just hang in there, it WILL get better.

roastdawg likes this.
  13. Slab

Slab Member

I got my cpap fall of 2015 and am just starting to get used to it!
    Still fn hate it tho!

14. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Guys, look into website secondwindcpap.com , I just bought a mask called the dreamwear full face mask for 149- and holy shit, night and day difference in my energy levels!!!

No kidding, I feel like a different person with this mask and how u can sleep in any position

roastdawg likes this.
  15. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Also, they sell machines at a fraction of the cost!! I would have seriously been better not even fucking with insurance and going straight there for everything!! Get the "dreamwear" mask with all sizes for 149- , so u don't have to mess with sizing if u don't know. It'll be the best 149- u ever spent on a mask , I promise you that

16. roastdawg

roastdawg Member

The problem I have with those types of masks so far is they're really uncomfortable with my beard. I've gone to a mask that covers my whole face including the eyes, it's the best I've found so far. I can actually sleep with it on all night. I've only been at this for about a month so far though

17. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Oh true, never considered the beard with one

18. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

However u have to do it just keep at it. My father had terrible sleep apnea for years and never addressed it. Now his heart is fucked up and he's been shocked back into rythm twice and he's on a bunch of heart meds forever. The meds fuck with him bad, if he doesn't take them at the exact same time daily he gets really out of it

roastdawg likes this.
  19. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

I see the avatar of he-man. I still have the original 1983 he-man and Skelator action figures and that big plastic castle gray skull in my closet.

20. roastdawg

roastdawg Member

So sick, I got my son the skeletor and he-man