Sleep - restless in the AM

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Beastn', Mar 20, 2018.

1. Beastn'

Beastn' Junior Member

When I have to wake up early for work, I am extremely restless. You would think the opposite would happen as it does most people, but I am sitting there bouncing my legs (rls) and almost breaking out into a cold sweat feeling like I am cracked out on too much caffeine (I don't consume any stimulants) this is not aas related and I do not take any medications. I am being monitored by the state if you know what I am and cannot take any type of substance. Any help? Atleadt some reasoning? It feels terrible, I use to feel this way after I'd drink a little in the middle of the day, when the buzz wore off, I'd get restless due to to the gaba activity in my brain going up and down. I am not an alcoholic and have not drank in a year (at all). No caffeine as stated before and no drugs.

2. i would have suggested an OTC sleep aid, but diphenhydramine has a tendency to make RLS worse. For me, anyway.

You could try one of those teas that promotes calm and sleepiness. Never tried them myself, so i can't really give you any names to look into.

3. Ozzy619

Ozzy619 Member

Try taking magnesium and Valerian root. I get rls too and it sucks.

4. Beastn'

Beastn' Junior Member

It's more than just rls though. I feel internally restless. I can never relax. It's like im wound up too tight all day.

5. HIGHRISK

HIGHRISK Member

You might need to go see a dr and get some Xanax. Sounds like anxiety to me. I have it and that's what I feel like sometimes except I also have elevated heart rate and sometimes shortness of breath. Try some sleepy time tea and a few melatonin. Works for me when I actually need to wake up the next morning. If I take Xanax and a beer I'm done for 12 hrs. Most of all go see a Dr..... Good luck

MisterSuperGod likes this.
  6. Apexvallen

Apexvallen Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Don't take benzos unless its a last resort. Don't mix benzos and alcohol either if you go down that route.

Look into melatonin before bed and l-theanine either before sleep or when you wake up. Or both. I use both effectively. L-theanine is an anxiolytic but very mild in nature and OTC. Maybe your sleep is more disturbed than you think.
    Any family history of anxiety?