Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

Social media

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by iamINVICTUS, Feb 4, 2016.

1. iamINVICTUS

iamINVICTUS Member

Anyone else here NOT use any kind of social media??

Instagram breeds a society full of self aggrandizement and instant gratification through "likes."

Same deal with twitter and facebook.

They also result in a way where anybody can access someones information. They can see photos of them, where they live etc. Why would you put all this info out there for the world to see?

Who else doesnt use these and what do you think about people putting info out for the whole world to see?

Seven, NoScopeKen, D-Ballin and 2 others like this.
  2. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

I don't buy into Instagram and twitter and shit. I do have Facebook though, everyone I know lives on the exact opposite corner of the country as me, 3,000 miles away, so it's really the only way to keep in touch with friends/family back home. As far as being worried about putting my information on there I am concerned about it. There's no important information on there. No phone number, no SSN, no credit card information, and of course there are precautions you can take so that only people you choose can see the information you have put there. What it really all comes down to is being smart about what you out online, if you just use a little common sense about what you put out into the internet you have nothing to worry about.

3. T_verde77

T_verde77 Member

I don't have Facebook. But I like to go on Instagram to stare at hot chicks We never see in real life

Leancuisine and insaiyan93 like this.
  4. I like this guy!
    This is my social media

5. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Dont do social media
    This platform right here is the biggest electronic ledge I've stood on.
    Has any one ever figured out why meso is so awesome?

TANGO.ECHO.KILO likes this.
  6. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

The only social media I do is these forums. No Facebook, no twitter or Instagram, or anything else of the sort.

7. iamINVICTUS

iamINVICTUS Member

Same here. This is my only form of social media.

Apart from putting info of yourself out there, the other thing i hate about social media is the way its molding the young men and women in this generation.
    Girls will post a pic with their tits hanging out and the guys will come out of the woodwork liking the photo and commenting shit like "oh you are sooo beautiful!" And they do this in a vain attempt thinking the girls going to drop her pants for them... White knights... Smh

Prairie Boy likes this.
  8. Hagler

Hagler Member

No social media for this guy either. I cant wrap my head around why someone would have pretend friends & tell a bunch of strangers their dirty laundry. Never did the dating sites either Im old school & talk to girls to their face.

Prairie Boy likes this.
  9. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Member

0 social media here too,fuck all that bullshit narcissistic attention whoring nonsense.oh yeah and of course everyone is gonna get rich and famous off it to.what a joke haha

10. iamINVICTUS

iamINVICTUS Member

Yup its really pathetic. Just makes me shake my head at some of our male counterparts though like for gods sake STOP glorifying these women. Do you really want them to be the mother of your children???

Prairie Boy likes this.
  11. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Member

Amen brother,preaching to the choir

12. Gymjunkie70

Gymjunkie70 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I am so with everyone here.Fuck Facebook, never had it never will.People portraying there happy marriages with pictures of themselves smiling and shit.Next thing you know there getting a divorce.

Hagler, Prairie Boy and T_verde77 like this.
  13. Leancuisine

Leancuisine Member

I second this.
    Makes me believe parallel universes exist, because women like that sure aren't around my neck of the woods.

T_verde77 likes this.
  14. D-Ballin

D-Ballin Member

This is my social media. Nothing else.

I see the ridiculous amount of drama and bullshit that people allow into their lives via Facebook, and I wonder why anyone likes it.

Have you seen the goddamned permissions required for that phone app? They fucking own your device. There is no such thing as privacy with that shit installed. No thank you.

Prairie Boy likes this.
  15. NoScopeKen

NoScopeKen Member

I have Facebook, but the best thing about these forums is that you're surrounded by people with the same interests,ie gear, heavy lifting, share similar goals etc. whilst on Facebook you just have a long timeline full of boring ass 12 year old humour videos and random cunts from Pakistan with no mutal friends adding you. Facebook is overhyped, like @insaiyan93 I just use it to contact close friends etc.

16. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Exactly! The people that are on Facebook and have 5-6-7 hundred friends are ridiculous, I have 107 friends on Facebook and I know each one of them personally. And it lets me still know what is going on with my close friends and family without n actually having to talk to anyone lol.

NoScopeKen likes this.