Sodium intake preworkout, do you guys do it?

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by Demondosage, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

This is something I've been experimenting with lately preworkout and it seems to help. I've read about it a lot lately and I think it could be beneficial , especially during summer months or periods of reduced carbohydrate intake. A little salt to the steamed broccoli and a teaspoon of salt preworkout. Seems to make sense to me, possibly assisting overall pump and nutrient absorption.

Anyone do it and do you see a difference? I'd just like to know if anyone else is doing this. Do you use Himalayan , sea salt, or table salt. Seems Himalayan or black salt would be the most beneficial. Feel free to share your experiences with us!!!

2. legendary

legendary Member

I recently started adding salt to last 2 meals before training. Just started last week. So not sure if it helps or not.

3. Evom1

Evom1 Member

I use so much sodium on every meal plus my intra workout bcaas have sodium and other electrolytes in them. The sodium is very beneficial

ickyrica and Demondosage like this.
  4. I've been having bad hamstring cramps, to the point where I can't even do isolated exercises with them. This got me a thinkin, and I think I'm gonna up my sodium to see if that helps. I shall share my experience.

5. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

I feel like adding sodium to lower carb diets could help retain the pump despite lack of carbs. I think Dave palumbo chimed in on thisnonece and agreed that a reason of salt preworkout was very beneficial

Xlgx likes this.
  6. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

1tsp sea salt with intra

7. Apexvallen

Apexvallen Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Yep, I dump a tsp into my mouth and swallow it down with water. Did it on am empty stomach once and started hypersalivating and puking. Never happened when I had food in my tummy.

8. Apexvallen

Apexvallen Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Watch and learn yall.

9. I salt every meal as well. Mix with my pre workout and intra With eaa’s.

10. Ironlyfe80

Ironlyfe80 Member

I've been salting all my meals and take salt tabs pre, intra, and post. Cramping now is a rarity, when it used to occur daily.

11. Yes, and I have noticed a pretty big difference. I mix a Nuun tab and a Thermotab for my pre work out drink.

12. Hawkins

Hawkins Member

pre workout - 1 cup coffee, 1 81mg ASA

Intra - 2 scoops EAAs, 1 serving fulvic minerals, 1/2 tsp. Sodium (pink salt)

GREAT PUMPS...

Demondosage likes this.
  13. Hawkins

Hawkins Member

I picked up some Celtic salt a few days ago. They all have different mineral profiles...

It’s helping get this tilapia down...