Spending bill

Discussion in 'Political Discourse' started by Logan44551, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

What do you guys think about this new spending bill they just passed? When did Republicans give up on fiscal responsibility?

2. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

Are you serious right now? You’re asking when Republicans give up on fiscal responsibility? Just want to make sure that wasn’t a type-o...

flenser and Eman like this.
  3. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

I guess it has been a good thirty years

rugerjitsu likes this.
  4. Eman

Eman Member

That's really just an old talking point... I don't feel they have been fiscally responsible in quite some time. They create a big ass spending bill and say it's for the military to sell it.

5. Swiper

Swiper Member

when have they ever had fiscal restraint?

6. Swiper

Swiper Member

not one person who voted on the bill read the bill. they have no clue what’s in the bill they just made law. that’s the government we elected. it’s an absolute disgrace and embarrassment to our system. but yet these people still get voted back in office and the same thing will keep on happening over and over and nothing will change. And the politicians have no shame about that. it’s all a reflection of the voters. not too bright and just a bunch of blind sheep.

flenser and Logan44551 like this.
  7. Sp2.0

Sp2.0 Member

Is this what draining the swamp looks like?

8. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Rand Paul read it, voted no too

9. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

I totally agree, I hope to see some change, or at least hope my kids do.

Swiper likes this.
  10. flenser

flenser Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Logan44551 likes this.
  11. Swiper

Swiper Member

To be precise he started reading it but never finished by the time the vote came up

you would have to read a page a minute from the time it was released to the time of the vote to finish it

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Logan44551 likes this.
  12. Rand was giving a review on twitter if you're interested. Overall it does have some good but its dogshit and not going in the right direction.
    Line vetoes need to happen. Now.

13. Right. They couldn't read it until recently, and then it was 2k pages. Typical "We can't tell you what's in it until we pass it!".