Stem Cell Injections?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Demondosage, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

I have a partial thickness tendon tear just above my elbow, it ain't going away. Been over a year of pain, working around it, 2 MRI and abt 7 orthopedic doc visits . They're talking abt stem cell treatment but I know it's gonna cost a small fortune.

At this point I can continue with more PRP injects and treat it like surgery recovery or consider this stem cell treatment. PRP injects and time off is the cheaper alternative , problem I'll admit was although training with moderate weight I never really laid off it. Now it's 2 choices, lay off and train around it and not through it, or fuck my arm up more and inevitably be fucked for good. Anyone know abt stem cells for recovery ?

2. Roger rabbit

Roger rabbit Member

My father flew to Europe to have stem cells injected into his heart. (Due to the fda deeming it was not ready for market although it had been used in Europe for years and years)

Long story short ... heart went from functioning at 20% and now functions at 60%. He had to have this done since he has had 5 heart attacks and basically his heart was ready to give up but those stim cell injections brought that dude back to life.

JackSmooth and NorthMich like this.
  3. mr_meanor

mr_meanor Member

Dr tony huge and his enhanced athlete channel have a few videos on it. Youtube took down his channel but he has another one up

4. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Mands just had his doc use stem cells when he had his shoulder surgery. Also hgh. Amazing

JackSmooth likes this.
  5. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Had a friend fly down to Costa Rica for stem cell transplant for his multiple sclerosis. Did absolutely nothing for him.

JackSmooth and NorthMich like this.
  6. NorthMich

It’s amazing technology but can’t do everything

T-Bagger likes this.
  7. Nemesis RR

Nemesis RR Member

May I ask how much it cost and the location? I’m sorry to be rude but my father in law has a very low functioning heart and is now on a pace maker. I doubt insurance would cover it.

8. Roger rabbit

Roger rabbit Member

I don’t know the cost as he didn’t discuss with me. But, we are German so I do know he had assistance from Germany.

If you are in the United States, there is a place in Texas where they have a procedure to help the heart function better. I can get you information on that if you want as my father did this and saw some improvements. Infact, after his 8 week treatment he went water skiing at the age of 75 lol. That treatment worked for a few years but ultimately things went backwards, but the stem cell has not shown any signs of digressing which is a plus.

Also, in the United States since it’s not approved ( stem cell for heart) there are clinical trials going on all the time for it. The only down side is if you get the placebo or the real deal. Some studies it’s a 50/50 chance placebo vs procedure but it could be worth it since it is free.

9. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

It cost my friend $35k USD. That was to go to Costa Rica twice, the stem cells, lodging, food, etc. that was nearly 15 years ago.

Roger rabbit and NorthMich like this.
  10. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

As a side note - it did NOTHING for his MS :(

11. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Yea, see this is what I'm afraid of. I know I'm probably looking at 10-15k for one inject to the elbow area and it's not proven enough for me to feel comfortable spending that kind of money on a MAYBE.

I think what I'm going to do is continue with the PRP shot series when needed. I had my 2nd PRP shot a few days ago and I'm basically treating the elbow as if I had surgery. I've tried training through it for several months after the first PRP inject, but I think it's something I'm just going to have to train around.

The MRI shows the damage but it's difficult to say how much damage there really is. The orthopedic docs can't really say "20% damage, 35% damage, etc"

I don't even know if PRP works but I've heard it helps dumb down the pain each time and promotes faster healing. I'm at the orthopedic doc now, I'll get a price on stem cells and report back, the hospital here just got approved to do it a month ago

12. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Stem cells are way to much $$ for a gamble. If money was no object, sure - go for it. My friend had a fundraiser to raise all of his money, so it was no loss to him.

Demondosage and NorthMich like this.
  13. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Yea fuck that man, I would much rather take time off and train around the issue than gamble with that kind of money. I know our body is made to heal, it would suck if you got stem cells and time off ended up being the answer anyways

T-Bagger likes this.
  14. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Lol, hell yeah. That’s like a big ole dick slap right across the face.

Demondosage likes this.
  15. NorthMich

^^ now there’s a visual for ya

T-Bagger and Demondosage like this.
  16. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

"A big ole dick slap", as in a lumberjack with a plaid jacket on sort of dick slap. No joking around there, the visual is real

NorthMich and T-Bagger like this.
  17. NorthMich

Please please. I can’t handle any more real than that

T-Bagger likes this.
  18. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

$550
    $1000
    $2000
    $10-15k
    $35k

What's up with the differences in cost?

Thaistick and bolder like this.
  19. NorthMich

I see stem cell lab equipment becoming more automated and cheaper. Maybe I’ll make room on the counter next to the blender

CrispyRockClimber likes this.
  20. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Wish I knew, but it sounds like what the stem cells are actually trying to repair or possibly the number of cells being used and where they’re going. My friend’s were injected into his spine if I’m not mistaken.