sterilize vials!

Discussion in 'Steroid Homebrew' started by rafael cesar, Feb 1, 2013.

rafael cesar

rafael cesar Junior Member

fellas, how do I sterilize my vials?

MythotiK

MythotiK Well-Known Member

Autoclave or

Fill a clean pot or saucepan with water. Set it on the stove and turn the burner on high.

Wait for the water to come to a rolling boil. Place the glass vials and stoppers into the water. Cover the pot with its lid. Leave the water boiling for 10 minutes. Turn the burner off.

Set out a clean towel on the counter. Moisten sterile cotton balls with rubbing alcohol and wipe the surfaces of the tongs.

Remove the lid from the pot. Reach in with the tongs and secure each vial and stopper, setting them right-side up on the clean towel to air dry. Replace stoppers in vials when cool.

rafael cesar

n the alcohol 90%, it is necessary or not?

MythotiK

70-100, its all good

tanuki

tanuki Member

A trick used by some is to boil a sealed vial with a needle attached to vent. I wouldn't worry so much as most UGLs don't practice the minimum level of sterility and most people walk away fine.

I guarantee you won't make your vial sterile unless you're using professional technique and equipment.

MythotiK

Very true tanuki, luckly the way I've done it has never led to any bad inj. sites or infections...:D

rafael cesar

washing with alcohol after boil, I suppose!
    sorry for my english, im from brazil,
    thank u man!!!

tanuki

tanuki Member

From personal experience I think most of us should be dead from what we've done. Luck us. :cool:

idmd

idmd Active Member

70% IPA is a more effective antiseptic than 100% IPA. Also IMHO an autoclave is the ONLY way to insure a sterile container. Boiling water won't kill endospores.

Donzi

Donzi Junior Member

ur best bet is
    lemelange.com
    fuck washing shit. toss it in the trash. . I got the .25cents

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.