Stomach workouts

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Greek_beast95, May 11, 2018.

1. Greek_beast95

Greek_beast95 Junior Member

What in your guys opinions are some of the best workouts to work on stomach fat and help flattening a stomach , I’ve been cutting for 2 months and don’t do any excerisses that are truly for my abdominals and now I’m realizing although my stomachs slowly flattening out that I could probably do more about it with workouts for my belly , thanks

2. rutman

rutman Member

Table push backs... seriously. You can’t target stomach fat. The leaner you get I guarantee you the flatter your stomach will get.

Keep rocking on with the diet....do the basics. Hanging leg raises, decline crunches. That’s it.

showstoppa and CrispyRockClimber like this.
  3. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Bingo, no way to truly target it. It will go eventually if you stay on point with your diet and training.

4. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Deadlifts in particular exhaust my core and lower back. I have to much body fat to take advise from. But I understand deadlifts and even squats are good

5. kendallkmw

kendallkmw Member

I have 1 day a week that I dedicate to all core. Planks, decline situps with med ball, full left and right planks and several other peices. I promise you you can build the greatest core in the world but if you don't get the fat off it doesn't matter. There is no magical target exercise. Its taken 2 years of staying consistent to just about achieve my goal. I'm about to start a serious cut in the deficit that should get me just right. One thing I've learned is you have to change and alternate routines. My body adapts when I do the same thing over and over and I stop seeing results til I make changes in my training.

6. Greek_beast95

I think what’s making me very confused is that through these last 2 months of working wicked hard my weight has stayed almost the same I started at 208 and every week I bounce between 202-205, but at the same time I’ve lost 4 inches off my waist , is it possible I’m gaining enough muscle while cutting that my weights staying in the 200 pound area while still burning fat. Just doesn’t seem realistic..?

7. kendallkmw

kendallkmw Member

Absolutely. Like I was saying my body adapts to what im doing and I have to change. Im also an endurance runner and that helps me keep water weight off and burn extra calories when I want to lean out.

8. Greek_beast95

Interesting now although my weights staying extremely similar , do you think my bodies still burning fat?

9. kendallkmw

kendallkmw Member

Somebody kind of explained it to me one time that if I have routine in which say I have 5 things I do every week I need to drop 1 and do something different. It was said I'm rotating my arsenal and breaking my bodies adaptation. That and I've noticed when I change things I put emphasis on different controlling and stabilizing muscles. The hardest thing I've done is put a complete core day together. People look at me like I'm crazy when they watch me on core day. I don't if you used a stairmaster but that will break you off.

10. Greek_beast95

I’m willing to add forms of cardio to speed up the process , but like I said do you think it’s possible I’m still burning fat although my weight hovers around at the same amount , because I’ve certainly noticed I’ve added some
    Muscle over these last 2 months that would contribute to not having a lower weight

11. kendallkmw

kendallkmw Member

We're all different. I dropped 72lbs but for the largest part of it I hit plateaus but my inches were changing and I was adding new muscle. So at times I felt there was no progress. I'm my own worst critic so of course I couldn't see the change though people were constantly telling me I looked great. If your killing it like I was and I was hungry for change then it will happen. I spend 2 hours a day training and have to make myself take a rest day. Control your diet and put in the work and the change will happen. It was a 2 year process for me.

Running and cardio I believe were instrumental for me to lose the fat.

12. Greek_beast95

Haha it’s funny you say that brotha because everyone notices the god damn change but myself , and measurements certainly have changed for me as well. I lift an hour and a half 4 nights a week and do 3 or 6 mile walks every single day, it’s just not seeing that scale drop after all the bland carbless meals and hard work makes you go a little crazy after a while but your right, I’m definitely dropping fat . Thank you

Btcowboy likes this.