Student Class President Comes Out As Atheist And His Christian College Responds By

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cvictorg, Nov 11, 2013.

1. cvictorg

cvictorg Member

Student Class President Comes Out As Atheist And His Christian College Responds By . . . | JONATHAN TURLEY

I know how you expect that sentence to end. We have covered endless stories of Christian schools abusing teachers or students due to their perceived lack of faith or morals. However on this occasion, the line ends something like this: “Student Class President Comes Out As Atheist And Christian College By Supporing Him.” That’s right, when Eric Fromm, 21, announced in an article that he is an atheist, he said the school and fellow students at Northwest Christian University went out of their way to assure him that he was valued and appreciated as part of their community. It is a good thing. A happy story. Such places do exist where religious people are both tolerant and pluralistic.

Writing in the school paper, Fromm declared “I am an atheist. Yes, you read that correctly, I am an atheist.” He enrolled in the christian school because of its strong communications department.

Jeannine Jones, director of university relations at NCU explained that “All of our students are on a journey. While the majority of our students profess a Christian faith, not all do. We as an institution meet students were they are at and believe that our God is big enough.”

She added “Eric is an exemplary student, a good friend, a thorough academic, and when it comes to credibility as the ASNCU president he is the best qualified to fill that position.” Amen, Sister, Amen.

Eric Fromm: Lifting the Curtain | Beacon Bolt

Northwest Christian University Class President Reveals He's an Atheist - ABC News

Northwest Christian University’s student body president comes out as atheist | Local News | The Register-Guard | Eugene, Oregon

2. BR1217

BR1217 Member

Re: Student Class President Comes Out As Atheist And His Christian College Responds B

This is a great example of how Christians should handle themselves. God is ultimately the one who draws the lost to Him. Peolple just need to get out of the way and allow God to do His work. Thanks for this post.