SUB Q Test Shot inner thigh???

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by JoMo15, Jun 19, 2014.

1. JoMo15

JoMo15 Member

First shot today of trt...The doctor injected 1/2ml into inner thigh using a 25 gauge 5/8 needle......I dont see any information on test shots in the inner thigh?? Does this make sense or dangerous....If im prescribed the 25 gauge 5/8th needle where should i pin or should i use a different needle all together...My regimen is 100mg test cyp a week?????

2. Blazerone

Blazerone Member

I'm not sure about the inner thigh but I use 30g 1/2" insulin syringes in the delt and outer thigh and 27g 1-1/2" syringes in the buttocks. Painless!

3. toolman

toolman Member

Do not shoot your inner thigh. Major artery there. I know many in here like to go sub Q but test cyp is an im preparation, not made for sub Q. I would worry about calcifications.

4. Handle2

Handle2 Member

What part of the inner thigh are you referring to? I'd guess it would be safer to inject the inner thigh at the knee more so than the inner mid or upper thigh.

5. flex001

flex001 Member

Inner thigh? Wth? The outer quad, Vastus Lateralis is the most common area. I never heard of an inner thigh injection. Obviously it's used somewhere hence your doc doing it but I really don't think it's too common.

6. JoMo15

JoMo15 Member

Ya really weird ...Im just gonna use the 25 gauge 5/8 for the delts...I was told this is good to go???

7. flex001

flex001 Member

5/8 should be good for Delts. Wouldn't go shorter than 1" for Quads or Glutes though.

8. Blazerone

Blazerone Member

I've been using 30g 1/2" in the delts and quads for many months. Painless and effective.