Subutex,suboxone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Louisianimal, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Louisianimal

Louisianimal Member

I was in the doctor's office the other day and heard someone in another room talking about how this medication lowers your natural test levels.its given to opioid users,i haven't used in over 6 years but the thought still scares tf outa me so I have been on this medication for a couple years. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this medication and its effects on test levels

2. TorroXL

TorroXL Member

Used it many times. Not sure on its effects on T levels. I strongly suggest trying to get off it in due time. It has saved lots of lives, but you don’t want that monkey on your back. If anything, I use otc stuff like kratom

3. Louisianimal

Louisianimal Member

Yeah I plan to I have just been an addict for so long and so scared to go back to that lifestyle.I still feel this is way better then the other way, but I cannot wait to be relieved of it all. but the kratom? I have never tried or really research that is it really worth looking into brother?

TorroXL likes this.
  4. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

I don’t want to make you nervous because everyone is different but for me, I’ll take going off heroin or oxy cold turkey any day compared to suboxone. H and O is a few weeks of misery. Suboxone took me about 12-14 months to finally feel normal. The first 3 months were agony of a withdrawal that just seemed to intensify as the weeks went on. Relentless is the word.

At the time it was still the tablets so (1) 8 mg pill would last me about 7 days. So I was on 1mg or so a day for about 3 years when my doctor was prescribing me fucking 24mg per day.

Non of these doctors know the long term effects of these drugs they prescribe

5. Louisianimal

Louisianimal Member

Yea,honestly that's another reason it's so hard to make that leap to drop it.

TorroXL likes this.
  6. Buprenorphine may lower serum testosterone but from my research it does not do so to the level of full opioid agonists like morphine etc. I’ve used it, but had to cause my tolerance got so high that I doubt heroin would of kept withdrawals away, towards the end I was using like 10 fentanyl patches plus per day ontop of grams worth of pharma opioids, unfortunately I had a near bottomless supply so without the help of subs there’s no way I’d of quit. Definitely worth it if needed. Even with shorter acting opioids you’ll still have post acute withdrawal syndrome for some time after the 1-2 weeks of intense withdrawals, your brain doesn’t adapt that quickly.

TorroXL likes this.
  7. Louisianimal

Louisianimal Member

Yeah I'm seeing that is not as hard on the test as morphine heroin Etc but it still can lower it either way it's hard to get off of this s*** and my doctor feels as long as I'm not using street drugs he's happy and honestly as long as I'm not stealing and chasing a high all the time and I can live a normal life I guess it's worth dealing with until I feel comfortable without it

8. Heynow

Heynow Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

All these statements are true, but I also understand the importance of having it while being addicted. I was on it for about 2 years and always trying to lower the dose because the dr damn sure doesn’t. Eventually I knew I was no longer addicted to opioids, but now addicted to subs. This sucked also, but at least legal. So I decided to quit. It was about 30 days, but well worth it. 4 years and could give two shits about opioids.

TorroXL likes this.
  9. Louisianimal

Louisianimal Member

Awesome bro,n congrats.that is no easy task

10. TorroXL

TorroXL Member

It’s good to see so many recover from h and other opioid pharmies. I’m an addict from way back with chronic relapses. I support any way to not shoot dope

11. Thaistick

Thaistick Member

I used suboxone to get off opiates as well It's a wonder drug when needed. I got off suboxone by weaning down the combating the depression for a while with medical marijuana (rso capsules). Now I'd just use kratom though.

TorroXL likes this.
  12. TorroXL

TorroXL Member

Kratom is legit

Louisianimal likes this.
  13. Havah

Havah Member

Just FYI, Long terme usage of opioids such as subutex and suboxone have been linked with sleep apnea, might wanna keep that in mind if you re using AAS on top

Eman, TorroXL and Louisianimal like this.
  14. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

The intense withdrawals lasted for me about 3 months. Then for the next year was everything from vertigo like symptoms to depression, balance issues, sensitive skin, anxiety, etc. everyone is different i in particular had a hard time with it. The idea is to put as much time between your last drug use. Suboxone is a good tool but the doctors need more street smart training or something. And when a patient wants off they should take you off which they don’t do.

Kratom is another great, great tool. Kratom will help you off suboxone no problem and then over time you can gently wean off that. Being it’s a raw leaf it’s not as harsh on your body like Rx

Heynow and Louisianimal like this.
  15. Louisianimal

Louisianimal Member

yea, brother.so true! I haven't relapsed in years now so I guess it was all worth it.i haven't been back to jail either!

TorroXL likes this.
  16. Thaistick

Thaistick Member

I had nothing like that. You definitelyhhad a harder time with it. I was on suboxone for almost 4 years when I stopped. I found the withdrawal to be very mild but long lasting in the depression department. Nothing like coming off hydrocodone or oxycodone. Really only depression. The medical cannabis products alleviated that completely and I was through with them within a month or two.

Louisianimal likes this.
  17. Louisianimal

Louisianimal Member

Well damm,thats definitely good to hear.

18. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Yeah everyone is different and I’ve read of leoplencoming off no problem and others having a nightmare like me.

19. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Pm me and I can help you with Kratom as far as sources and anything else you need. After a year off subs I was still having a hard time and ended up back on subs. This was 8 years ago. I went back on subs for a couple months then found Kratom which I transitioned to and it got me off suboxone once and for all.

20. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

When I got off H, I kicked in county. I think they gave me 1 Valium a day, I remember saving up 5 of them. Ate them all at once and didn't feel shit. That's when I knew I was done. Felt like my blood was trying exit my body for like 10 days. That was 15 years ago, haven't shot dope since.

Dr JIM, Wings_of_pain, Eman and 3 others like this.