Tapatalk Security

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by Oregonstrong, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Any security issues with using Tapatalk as your forum reader? It is very convenient especially if you cruise several different boards. I see a lot of guys using it. What's the consensus and anything troubling we should know about?
    Thanks
    Oregonstrong

2. pumpingiron22

pumpingiron22 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Just make sure to run orbot. And orbweb. App its tor but for your phone. There always watching cataloging our info. Phone company are N.S.A. best friend.

TANGO.ECHO.KILO likes this.
  3. pumpingiron22

Also down load image privacy for those who up load photos from there phone it strips and edits the metadata

vivame and TANGO.ECHO.KILO like this.
  4. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Thanks PI! more info please ........

I do not see orbot or orbweb for iphone. Is this only for android?

Is VPN a good measure when using tapatalk from mobile?

5. pumpingiron22

Oh yeah for I phone yeah I have android. Just use a vpn of some sort. Hopefully that should have one thats free.

6. pumpingiron22

I see they have hotspot. Shield. Should be ok. Idk much about that one.

7. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

How do you configure Tapatalk to work with orbot?

8. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

I would avoid the single logon option with Tapatalk ID

9. pumpingiron22

I deleted all browsers. Other than orbot. Is it a 100% Idk

10. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

I believe the tapatalk app connects directly to the Internet bypassing browsers. Using Orbweb browser to visit https://thinksteroids.com is TOR-secure.

TANGO.ECHO.KILO likes this.
  11. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

A quick Google search on Tapatalk and security vulnerabilities turns up quite a few issues. Tapatalk is very popular among users but not so much among many forum admins because of this and some of its sneaky business practices. The most secure way to access MESO is visit it on your mobile browser (Torweb or VPN) and to avoid Tapatalk.

12. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Thanks Millard.

Even when you avoid the single login option with a tapatalk ID it always shows you as logged in on the forum when you open tapatalk. Does it automatically log you off when you close tapatalk or are you always logged in?

13. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

You remained signed up using Tapatalk. This allows instant notifications on your mobile which is admittedly convenient to many members.