TBOL kick-in time

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by n1tr0x, Jul 7, 2011.

n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

Been on tbol for a week now at 60mg along with some test enanthate and i have not felt a single thing. Beginning to wonder if i shouldve gone with dbol instead? Most ive felt must be a small placebo effect but that was it.. no real weight change aswell.

Supplier is legit, UGL is known but i guess fakes can happen or is this stuff just shit and should i have gone for dbol or winny? Or does it just take longer than a week to kick in (which beats the purpose of a kickstart then.....)

Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Steroid Forum Leader

If good, it should have been noticed within days, unless there is something unusual such as your being a low-carb diet.

n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

I'm upping carbs to 450-500 from a previous 300-ish..
    I'll give it a few more days with the increased carb intake if still nothing it's bunk and im going back to the supplier.

Bill Roberts

If it was good, ordinarily 300 g of carbs would be plenty.

Agreed, if there's nothing perceptible in a few more days there is very good reason to doubt the stuff. It's normal to have no perceptible actual (contractile protein) muscle gain in just a few days but the muscles ought to be fuller and there should be more tendency to a pump with that much OT.

n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

Well there has to be something as ive gained 7-8 pounds in the last week and i doubt its from the food increase..
    I wouldnt call it a big pump and its definetly not an "on" feeling like most describe and i thought it was placebo but it might just be the beginning of OT. This is actually the 7th day so i hope i feel good in the gym today :)

Bill Roberts

7-8 lb is plenty to conclude that it is working. I had mistakenly thought you had had about no results in a week.

n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

Thanks Bill, there have been no major strength gains although there might be a little effect as of today but only as much as a good day off gear would be - nothing major.

I'll check back in a few days.

Bill Roberts

Strength can take a lot longer.

Some get immediate improvements but this isn't I think because of immediate major improvements in the muscles themselves. Rather it's that they hadn't been recruiting what had actually been available in the muscle before taking the steroid.

If a given user has in fact been recruiting his strength efficiently in training, then there can't be a very major immediate improvement. There can often still be some. For example a powerlifter can see a little bit more from the CNS effect of an oral, but this isn't a matter of 10-20% more weight or anything so dramatic.

n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

Well will there be a increase in strength in like a week or so then?
    Since i have been training to the max lateley using a high intensity program using 1 working set per exercise, so im hoping this tbol will give me a big edge over what i already had - or should i forget aboutt getting a big strength boost and just hope the test kicks in soon?

Bill Roberts

Are you also doing a good amount of volume prior to that top work set? Or enough exercises and enough days per week that the total volume is substantial despite having few mass-building-effective sets per exercise?

About how many sets per week would you say are reasonably hard work (not just easy warmups)?

Your nervous system has already gotten what boost it is going to get. Further strength now will come from more muscle mass. (Or to a slow extent from improved skill, but that's not going to show up rapidly.)

It's worth keeping in mind that when Arthur Jones was actually working with and training bodybuilders, he was having them do 72 truly hard sets per week.

There is nothing wrong with that kind of high-intensity! Very effective.

But some of the other kinds, not so much.

n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

Yes its Yates style training with 1 to 3 volume sets prior to the working set where i'll aim for atleast 5-6 reps with 3-4 negatives. I train about 6 times a week so that makes enough sets. I'd say 30-40 real working sets per week going all out.

Perhaps i should switch over to 4x8 or 5x5 if this is not effective enough.

Bill Roberts

Or you could follow a similar to plan to what you're doing now, but do for example 3x3 with brief rest, one minute, before taking a longer break such as 3 minutes and going for your all-out sets. Same weight. Doing the triples forcefully.

On the other hand, it may be that your warmups are already providing sufficient volume. High-intensity advocates have a tendency (more than a tendency) to dismiss "warmups" as irrelevant but anytime you're lifting at least 60% 1RM and to a substantial extent even 50% 1RM, this does count towards productive volume. Even if done many reps short of failure.

n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

I'll see what i can do to incorporate your advice into the workouts, thanks for that.

I'm up 9lbs by today (day 9) so it should be working. I've read a few threads where people only started seeing strength gains by mid week 2, i've been getting some compliments that i look alot fuller by people close to me so that's a good sign i think. Chest and side delts look big!

Bill Roberts

Glad to hear it's working!

Best of results!

n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

Still no strength gains, im weaker if anything.. :(

Bill Roberts

Well, if strength gained consistently for example 1% per week, then the math says we'd soon have countless guys bench-pressing Buicks.

(For example, a 200 lb bench presser would, maintaining that rate of improvement, be benching 2600 lb within 5 years.)

Patience is required.

Also, mass gain doesn't require appearing stronger in the gym in a given workout. For example, let's say that one shortens the rest periods, does more exercises, and as a result is "weaker" on the final work set than what had been the case the previous week with more rest and less work beforehand

Doesn't mean that the workout won't contribute to adding mass and, therefore, strength.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
    n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

Well it has to end somewhere and tbol's strength gains supposedly end somewhere between the 4th and 6th week. But if it hasnt even started yet and if it already ends at the 4th, i will have little to no strength boost of which i was hoping for (kind of the idea of a kickstart). I've probably already messed up my perfectly good HDL/LDL/Total Chol and perhaps liver values too - maybe all for nothing? I'm not sure how much of this 9-10lbs is actually mass since there could be alot of water and fat there too.

So all in all, what would i have gained with this tbol if not strength? I know what the sides are and accepted them given the positives it brings..

We'll just wait it out until end of week 2.

On a side note:
    You think that supplements like Liv52 / Lipid stable (niacin/polycosanol/green tea extract etc) can hinder gains?

Reinheart

Reinheart Active Member

I wouldn't worry so much about strength gains. On my first cycle which was 240mgs Restandol, 20mgs D-bol and 100mgs Proviron for 6 weeks, i gained 27lbs of which I kept about 20 but I didn't experience any tremendous, earth shaking strength gains that everyone speaks of.

The only drug that gave me this kind of gains is anadrol, which I now prefer over dianabol.

As Mr.Roberts said above, strength doesn't necessarily have to do with mass gains.

I use Liver 52 year round and feel pretty damn good about it. It helps me with my appetite and helps my body detoxify. I only wish I could afford more Himalaya products on a monthly basis.

n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

I'm not worrying that much but everywhere i read people talk highly about tbol regarding strength gains, pretty much the reason why i chose it. I know anadrol and dianabol give more but am high on estrogen as it is!

Thanks for the replies by the way, appreciate it!

n1tr0x

n1tr0x Junior Member

Update, day 12 and no significant strength gain. Could perhaps do a few more reps on some exercises but could be placebo or that i've been eatling like a horse. Am up 13lbs+ with a little fat and look fuller especially in shoulder/chest area.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.