Test E/Anavar/EQ - First Cycle Ever, please help :D

Kev Vaughn

Hey guys, I'm here to lay out the blueprint for my very first cycle which I plan to begin next week, and I welcome any additional knowledge/information you guys have to offer that'll improve the quality of my cycle. So please, let me know what you think.

My Current Statistics:
- 160 lbs
- 6'1 ft.
- 14% bf

Goals:
- To gain speed + endurance
- To gain lean mass (I eat really clean and prepare every meal)

Some Background:

I am in the final stages of recovering from a lower back issue that put me out of action for 11 months. The issue was one of tightness and long-term muscular imbalance on my lower back. Ever since I started going back to the gym as well as doing restorative yoga 4 months ago, the condition of my lower back has improved tremendously and has prepped me for this cycle, as I believe.

On-Cycle Gear:

Test E @ 500mg/wk THROUGH week 1 - 12

EQ @ 400mg/wk from week 1 - 6 and 600mg/week from weeks 6-12 (you may ask me why)

Anavar @ 50mg/day so about 250mg/wk (5 days/wk) THROUGH weeks 1 - 8

Armidex @ 0.5mg/EOD so about 2.5mg/wk THROUGH weeks 1 - 8??? (Subject to change, pls tell me what you think the weeks range should be for Armidex)

PCT GEAR:

Nolvadex @ 40mg/day so about 200mg/wk for two weeks and then 20mg/day = 100mg/wk for another 2 weeks

Clomid??? (do I need this? should I keep it on hand just to be safe? You tell me.)

Final Note:

Once my gear is approved by you guys, I will make the order and begin this cycle right away. As this happens, I will keep you guys posted with blood work, pictures, and any relevant updates that will occur on this cycle

Thanks for reviewing this log, any input will be deeply appreciated.

Last edited:

4leafclover

Drop the eq and anavar. If you must stack, go with another oral, preferably one that is faked less. If you feel like you must have another injectable, go with test prop and either kick start your cycle or use it leading into PCT.

As for pct, a lot will recommend HCG, I don't use it in my pct, but the studies do show it is effective, along with clomid and nolva in combination (I would recommend clomid and nolva if you can tolerate the sides, sometimes clomid makes me want to vomit, I react a lot better to nolva). Go to our PCT forum, and read Dr. Scally's stickies, he covers there.

Since this is your first cycle, no need to rush into multiple compounds, take it slow and see how your body reacts. You have many years to develop the need for stacking, especially since you are such a low body weight for your height, you should see great gains on test alone.

Kev Vaughn

I think you're right, dropping the injectable EQ will be a wise first cycle move considering my current stats. Although, as a compromise, I was thinking of extending anavar for 2 additional weeks "due to its being a mild steroid in every sense of the word" -(http://www.steroid.com/Anavar.php).

Depending on how the cycle is going, I may or may not get HCG.

As for PCT, I still think that only nolva alone would suffice, but that also may be subject to change as this cycle unfolds

Ozzy619

If you're going for speed and endurance tbol would be a better choice, but like 4leafclover said, its hard to get a legit oral, especially tbol. Legit tbol will give you great endurance and pumps.

4leafclover

Lots of mass specs I have seen recently of anavar have not been impressive to say the least. Tbol is slightly less faked, dbol is hardly ever faked or winstrol, which are my two staples. Dbol is more first time user friendly, as the side effect is a happy mood and some bloat (which for me is easily manageable, by cutting out salt and drinking lots of water). I run pretty long oral cycles in my cycles, dbol I have gone 6-8 weeks, with no problems.

If you know your anavar is good, run it for 8 weeks. That is a fair compromise. Except rather than run it 5 days a week, run it ED, you want to keep your blood levels stable, and with orals they need to be run daily to do this. I always split my orals up into 2x doses per day. Sometimes with Dbol, I run 3x per day, with every meal if I can.

Since you are running a longish cycle (12 weeks, compared to 8 weeks, is within the normal range recommended, I personally run 18 week cycles), you might consider having clomid for pct as well, only bloods post cycle will determine how shut down you are. Better to have nolva/clomid on hand.

Like I said, I don't run HCG for my pct, but my PCT is a lot more extensive than what you plan on running.

I run a bottle of prop at the end of my cycle to ensure the long ester leaves my body, then I run an oral towards the end of the prop (10 days), during that 10 days, last 3 days I start proviron, then run that for 13 days, last 3 days of proviron, I start nolva + clomid, double dose of nolva for a week, but I also know from past experience, that I don't get shut down hard (I recover very quickly from AAS).

One of my buddies has to use HCG in his recovery, even after 500mg of test a week (12 week cycles is what he runs). Just his genetics. He also runs an AI for most of his cycle, and I don't, again my genetics don't make me susceptible to gyno. I do have to run caber for prolactin gyno (nor based compounds), as that is my Achilles heel.

Better to have it on hand (I keep a ton of ancillaries on hand, even thought I don't use a lot of them) just in case I start to see sides. Nothing worse than having a panic order, if something comes up you might be screwed. No sense in risking your body!

Kev Vaughn

Lots of mass specs I have seen recently of anavar have not been impressive to say the least. Tbol is slightly less faked, dbol is hardly ever faked or winstrol, which are my two staples. Dbol is more first time user friendly, as the side effect is a happy mood and some bloat (which for me is easily manageable, by cutting out salt and drinking lots of water). I run pretty long oral cycles in my cycles, dbol I have gone 6-8 weeks, with no problems.

If you know your anavar is good, run it for 8 weeks. That is a fair compromise. Except rather than run it 5 days a week, run it ED, you want to keep your blood levels stable, and with orals they need to be run daily to do this. I always split my orals up into 2x doses per day. Sometimes with Dbol, I run 3x per day, with every meal if I can.

Since you are running a longish cycle (12 weeks, compared to 8 weeks, is within the normal range recommended, I personally run 18 week cycles), you might consider having clomid for pct as well, only bloods post cycle will determine how shut down you are. Better to have nolva/clomid on hand.

Like I said, I don't run HCG for my pct, but my PCT is a lot more extensive than what you plan on running.

I run a bottle of prop at the end of my cycle to ensure the long ester leaves my body, then I run an oral towards the end of the prop (10 days), during that 10 days, last 3 days I start proviron, then run that for 13 days, last 3 days of proviron, I start nolva + clomid, double dose of nolva for a week, but I also know from past experience, that I don't get shut down hard (I recover very quickly from AAS).

One of my buddies has to use HCG in his recovery, even after 500mg of test a week (12 week cycles is what he runs). Just his genetics. He also runs an AI for most of his cycle, and I don't, again my genetics don't make me susceptible to gyno. I do have to run caber for prolactin gyno (nor based compounds), as that is my Achilles heel.

Better to have it on hand (I keep a ton of ancillaries on hand, even thought I don't use a lot of them) just in case I start to see sides. Nothing worse than having a panic order, if something comes up you might be screwed. No sense in risking your body!

So, Anavar for 8 weeks, 7 days a week and 50mg/day then sounds like a good plan. Do you recommend that like you, I also split my orals up through out the day with meals?

Also, if I can only know how shut down my testosterone is after my cycle and before PCT, then I suppose it will be better of have clomid from the beginning (to avoid panic orders, as you suggest)

Kev Vaughn

If you're going for speed and endurance tbol would be a better choice, but like 4leafclover said, its hard to get a legit oral, especially tbol. Legit tbol will give you great endurance and pumps.

although this is correct, that tbol will help with speed and endurance more so than perhaps Anavar, I still feel that Anavar would be more appropriate for this first cycle because of its mild attributes

4leafclover

I only take dbol with my meals, because of how dbol works (it shoves protein into your muscles essentially, so taking it with food is good), but splitting the does into 2x per day is a good idea with anavar since 17 alk compounds have an 8 hour half life. Just don't take the 2nd dose too late (like late evening), or you won't get better workout results.

I usually take mine when I wake up (5 am), and 3-4 pm (before I go to workout, which is usually later than 6). Some people prefer to take it 30 min before workout for an extra boost. I don't really get that much of a boost from anavar, like dbol, so I would just stick with whatever is easiest for you, so long as it's 2x per day (split your 50mg into 25mg 2x).

Better to have it on hand, you are correct. Not that nolva isn't enough, just you get faster recovery running both nolva and clomid together, they have a synergy, much like stacking certain AAS.

4leafclover

I wouldn't worry about liver stuff too much (I might get shot for saying this), but if you keep your cycles in a moderate dosage range, don't drink or do drugs while on cycle, using an oral 2 or 3 times a year isn't as bad as drinking 2-3 times a week.

If you for some reason do plan on doing lots of AAS over the years, then I would consider switching to all inject. Myself personally, I won't give up orals, I love them too much. I've given up drinking instead. This is one risk I am willing to take. If I live to 60, but enjoyed the rest of my life, because of orals, then that's ok by me.

6'1" 160lbs with 14% bf?
(I'm guessing the bf % is an estimate because its EXACTLY where ppl like to "recommend" being before starting a cycle)

How old are you OP? Maybe a pic would help too. Are you training for a specific purpose/sport etc. ?

Kev Vaughn

I think tbol is more mild than anavar if not the same
I will look into it once more and perhaps consider tbol if this is the case

I wouldn't worry about liver stuff too much (I might get shot for saying this), but if you keep your cycles in a moderate dosage range, don't drink or do drugs while on cycle, using an oral 2 or 3 times a year isn't as bad as drinking 2-3 times a week.

If you for some reason do plan on doing lots of AAS over the years, then I would consider switching to all inject. Myself personally, I won't give up orals, I love them too much. I've given up drinking instead. This is one risk I am willing to take. If I live to 60, but enjoyed the rest of my life, because of orals, then that's ok by me.
Do Oral steroids damage liver more than injectables? I don't quite plan on doing lots of AAS over the years. I will split the Anavar as you said accordingly. Thanks!

6'1" 160lbs with 14% bf?
(I'm guessing the bf % is an estimate because its EXACTLY where ppl like to "recommend" being before starting a cycle)

How old are you OP? Maybe a pic would help too. Are you training for a specific purpose/sport etc. ?
Your guess is incorrect, as I believe my bf percentage is accurately 14%. It is also reassuring to know that this is the precise percentage where people would "recommend" being before starting a cycle.

I am of 21 years of age. I will post a few pictures sometime later today and PM you upon doing so. I train mostly because I'm beginning to become obsessed with fitness (especially after my 11 month recovery). Also, I train because I USED TO play basketball competitively and would like to do so again next year.

gotcha. You seem to be very sharp and "well spoken", but most here will probably tell you 21 is fairly young to start cycling unless you realistically have an opportunity to earn a living with your body and are willing to prioritize that over your health. My advice would be start with bloodwork to establish your baseline and really do your research to determine the level of risk/reward you are willing to gamble with.

Kev Vaughn

gotcha. You seem to be very sharp and "well spoken", but most here will probably tell you 21 is fairly young to start cycling unless you realistically have an opportunity to earn a living with your body and are willing to prioritize that over your health. My advice would be start with bloodwork to establish your baseline and really do your research to determine the level of risk/reward you are willing to gamble with.
I am quite aware of my young age. In fact, a common trend I detected on these forums is that those younger than 25 years are advised to wait longer. Waiting is not for me, and although your concern (as well as other people's concern about my age) is acknowledged, I will be taking on this first cycle soon nonetheless. As for my research, well, that is an ongoing process of learning which I do not plan to halt even after my cycle has come to an end.

Kev Vaughn

..anyone know why I can't edit my first post on this thread? My guess is that it is because of my newcomer status (in which case, FUCK THE SYSTEM)

jets

..anyone know why I can't edit my first post on this thread? My guess is that it is because of my newcomer status (in which case, FUCK THE SYSTEM)

Has nothing to do with status, I believe you only have 15 minutes to edit a post after posting. But seems like a nice first cycle test with var is exactly what I ran my first go around :)

My cycle I'm starting my next cycle in less than a week of test, eq and var. Can't wait

Kev Vaughn

Has nothing to do with status, I believe you only have 15 minutes to edit a post after posting. But seems like a nice first cycle test with var is exactly what I ran my first go around :)
care to briefly summarize your first cycle experience then, if it were so similar to mine?

jets

I was 22 when I started my first cycle my only recommendation to you is to get pre-cycle bloodwork done before starting so you know what your baseline is. I ran 500mg week of test-e and test-p kickstart at 100mg eod for 4 weeks and then ran the var for 6 weeks at the tail end of the cycle. I loved var and it is my favorite oral that I've tried, it really hardens me up and gives me incredible pumps, I've bulked every time with var so I have no idea how it would be on a cut. It sometimes even hurts walking up stairs or around campus because of the pump :)

Kev Vaughn

I was 22 when I started my first cycle my only recommendation to you is to get pre-cycle bloodwork done before starting so you know what your baseline is. I ran 500mg week of test-e and test-p kickstart at 100mg eod for 4 weeks and then ran the var for 6 weeks at the tail end of the cycle. I loved var and it is my favorite oral that I've tried, it really hardens me up and gives me incredible pumps, I've bulked every time with var so I have no idea how it would be on a cut. It sometimes even hurts walking up stairs or around campus because of the pump :)
As I understand var, it can both bulk or cut sufficiently, but whether it bulks to cuts depends on factors like how you train + how you eat.

As I've said in my first post, there will be bloodwork done prior to starting this cycle, so no worries about that. Also, if I may ask, what do you mean var gives you a sort of pump that sometimes hurts you even by walking upstairs or around campus? Is this kind of pain just soreness from a good workout or something else? and does var really produce this sort of pain?

Sponsors

Latest posts