Testim 1 tube/day

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by bigmitch, Jul 13, 2011.

bigmitch

bigmitch Junior Member

Prescribing info has serum values after 30 days as 365 ng/dL, is it me or is this low? This is just above the 'normal' lab range. Do some absorb better than others? What is the target value? Since it only comes in 5g tubes, it's either 1 or 2 tubes a day.

natg101

natg101 Junior Member

I thought the same thing when i read that. I have been on 1 tube/day for 3 weeks and got blood work done today. My T before starting was around 300-350ng/dl so hopefully its above that. I will update when i get my blood work back and let you know how it worked if it would help.

bigmitch

bigmitch Junior Member

Hi natg101-
    Yes, I would be interested in seeing your results. I have yet to schedule my first appointment for bloodwork since starting testim.

natg101

natg101 Junior Member

ok will do, should be by next monday

Tyler81

Tyler81 Active Member

Most people need more than 5 grams. Some people absorb it super good and only need 5 grams.

I was on 7.5grams and that did the trick.

nunya.bizness

nunya.bizness Junior Member

I'm on two tubes and am running high 800s. I don't want to mess with partial tubes, or EOD, I'm happy with a upper end of normal level.

bigmitch

bigmitch Junior Member

Where do you apply the second tube?

nunya.bizness

I slap one tube up each of my biceps from the elbow, up to my shoulder, and halfway down the front of my chest. I let it dry for about 30 minutes while I drink my coffee, etc. On the weekend, where I like to wear shorts in the warm seasons, I'll put it on the front of my legs from thighs to calves.

It's a mess, and annoying, but the doctor will not use injections so I'm stuck with it.

natg101

natg101 Junior Member

Wow surprised the heck out of me when i saw my blood work today.

This is after 3 weeks testim gel at 1 tube/day. Nothing else

LH- <.07 mIU/ml
    SHBG-35.3 nmol/L
    testosterone- 935.77 ng/dL
    Testosterone Free- 21.4 ng/dL
    Testosterone Free %- 2.3%
    FSH- <.3 mIU/ml
    Free T4- 1.43 (.89-1.76 ng/dl)
    Free t3- 3.9 (2.3-4.2 pg/ml)
    TSH- 2.133 ( .55-4.78)

Estrogen was pretty high, but it already was before any TRT. Starting an AI to help fix that soon. Overall very happy!!

james2012

james2012 Member

One item to note. This stuff is sticky and if you rub it over the injection site it can taint the results if you get your labs done within a two hour window after application. Also, your own endogenous production may not have stopped completely so be on the lookout for a potential drop as you HPTA shuts down. I have had readings as high at 1500ng/dL on one tube and the next time it was 600ng/dL when I was careful not to rub over the injection site. It is always good to get a measurement the next day if you can before application. This will let you know if something is amiss. If one day after application your 1000ng/dL and the next day your 200ng/dL I would not trust the 1000ng/dL number unless for some reason you were eating through the testosterone like crazy. The curves for Testim are fairly stable with a change of around 200-300ng/dL peak-to-peak over a 24 hour period for the "average" person. You can see the graphs here: Testim Official FDA information, side effects and uses.

james2012

james2012 Member

Also, what type of estrogen test did you get? Make sure it is the sensitive estradiol test if you are using Labcorp. The normal estrogen test is pretty much useless for a male. I am surprised at your numbers based upon your fairly normal levels of SHBG. What is the range of the free-T? While it is not usually a very accurate measurement, following the trend is helpful. Are you mid, high normal, or high? Based on your LH and FSH numbers it looks like your HTPA is shut down if I recall my ranges correctly for these two. How do you feel? If you feel great, then that is all that counts and keep up the regimen. In this game, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

natg101

natg101 Junior Member

Don't feel great yet, but its to be expected because my E2 is greatly elevated~57pg/ml.

Once i start an AI and get E2 under control, hopefully i will feel better..

Also, i only apply to upper shoulders...she drew from inside of elbow, so no change of hitting the same spot.

Based on LH and FSH numbers it looks like my HTPA is fully shut down. Numbers werent even record-able they were so low.

james2012

james2012 Member

E2 is a bit weird. On an AI I felt like crap, but off it with an E2 of 90pg/ml I had no issues. ED - none, libido - perfect. I think unless E2 is too high (and that varies from person to person so maybe 57 is not good for you) then keeping it constant is more important for functioning than the actual level. I think there is too much emphasis on E2 control.

Have you tried any hcg? It does have a feel good boost effect, but will probably drive up your E2 even higher. HCG is awesome for me and it does not take much.

james2012

james2012 Member

Wow, that's awesome T from one tube! Wish I had that reaction. I take two tubes spread into two apps per day (morning and evening) with 25mg transdermal DHEA in a lipoderm base with 50UI hcg every three days. I feel great! Hang in there man, you'll get there.

bigmitch

bigmitch Junior Member

teller123

teller123 Member

What's it doing to you so far Bigmitch?

So far for me all it's doing is making me go pee all the time and making me edgy. The smell is starting to suck to, don't know if I will stay on it long myself.

nunya.bizness

I don't notice the smell anymore. I've never actually associated the gel with nighttime urination - and if this is the case could be a big deal. I wake up a good 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom, and it's completely annoying. If I could change a few things I would:

- Make it more concentrated so I didn't have to put on so much.
    - Eliminate the stickiness.

I get a bit of acne and some inconvenient middle-of-the-night wood, but that's the biggest pain for me.

bigmitch

bigmitch Junior Member

I'm only on day 12, I don't feel any different so I suspect it will just take some more time.
    No increase in peeing here!:)

bigmitch

bigmitch Junior Member

How long should I wait before getting new bloodwork to see my T-levels, and what is the best time of day to get the blood draw after the daily gel application? Thanks.

Mitch

natg101

natg101 Junior Member

2-4 Weeks is plenty of time on the gel before testing. Time of day is up to you. Do you want to see the peak or the trough? I think most people would recommend in the morning BEFORE you apply the gel so that your getting your level 24 hours after last applying.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.