Testing here vs TRT doc.

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by CuriousGeorge247, Apr 13, 2017.

CuriousGeorge247

CuriousGeorge247 Well-Known Member

So, my TRT doc wants my trough levels for dosing purposes but when people do bloods here, everyone wants the peak. Why is that? Any constructive/informative information appreciated.

Im actually going to have him do the peak and trough though since Im using a lab(TSL) here and want to see what my peak is post 48 hours after last pin.

Thinkbig

Thinkbig Active Member

For doc it is because he doesn't want you at your lowest level to be below a certain mark: as for why they do it different here?

Sk8man101 likes this.
    CuriousGeorge247

Doesn't want me to get too low, ok, but its ok if my peak is way too high like in the 1300-1600 range?

Thinkbig

Thinkbig Active Member

Correct and to be 100% honest I can't tell
    much of a difference from 600-1300. Now when I'm above 2000 and blast 600mg of cyp, my lifts go up

movingiron88

movingiron88 Well-Known Member

Because the testing we do here is to confirm the dosage of the test. So we test at the peak. Doing it this way helps reduce the variation of metabolization from person to person. The longer it is in the body the more different the results can be.

CuriousGeorge247 likes this.
    CuriousGeorge247

Why wouldnt the doc want the peak as well? I would think the peak would be more important for dosing....

movingiron88

movingiron88 Well-Known Member

There is no doubt about dosage of the prescribed test. Peak values do not tell the whole story. The real question is how your body responds to it.

Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Well-Known Member

Well I'd want mine to be on the lower side if my doctor is going to be looking at them.

virginian

virginian Junior Member

My doctor wants only the low point just before the next injection.

Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Peak and trough readings each have benefits. He should want both IMO but maybe chose one for convenience.

CuriousGeorge247 likes this.
    Desufnoc

Desufnoc Junior Member

Hope this is not out of etiquette. Not trying to hijack thread, question is relevant to follow discussion.

OP and other posts indicate testing done here? What testing are they referring to? Is there a recommended lab for blood?

Thx.

CuriousGeorge247

What I meant is testing protocol.

Here and other steroid forums, the standard is to get labs 48 after last pin of the 6th week. People want to see the peak to know if the sources testosterone is good.

My trt doc wants the trough, not sure his reasoning. I havent discussed it with him yet.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

As for recommended "lab" people often use privatemdlabs.com to get a blood draw order for labcorp.

Desufnoc likes this.

© 1997–2016 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.