The day you start lifting is the day you become forever small

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by MairUnderwood(Researcher), Nov 7, 2019.

1. juicy122

juicy122 Member

i think the gym pump makes us all keep chasing that "pump" look. like fk me when im in the gym i love what i see , i actually get so confident in my gains and how im looking at the gym but come the next day i feel smaller then i should because i want that gym look. I believe the bigger we get the more we want and its just a cycle that keeps repeating... I notice when i go from blast to cruise i notice how much i really grew on cycle when im off but when im on i dont really notice it but everyone else does! its strange....

2. Chicken or egg is an important question. The psychologist I'm working with says that people with OCD are attracted to bodybuilding, but quite a few bodybuilders have told me they've developed dysmorphia because of bodybuilding practice

Cityofgrit and Blange89 like this.
  3. Yes it seems to me that the pump makes (at least some) people permanently dissatisfied

4. You feel this way?

hurricane likes this.
  5. :D

6. Yes I expect it is used much more liberally in the community than it is by psychologists, but I'm primarily interested in community use of the term

7. You sound like you have body image distortion. When do you think that started? Before our after lifting?

8. I think you may have a point as some guys tell me they grow/ mature out of it

9. Thanks for your response. I suppose the question is can you be satisfied with what you have and strive for more, some guys seem to think self hatred is the only motivation

Pineapples4Puss likes this.
  10. Completely agree. You can be satisfied and still strive for more

Pineapples4Puss likes this.
  11. I'm not sure, I swear I think I look better than I actually do!

12. GDL

GDL Member

I can never get big because of my constant brojobs. Damn that burns a lot of calories.

And when I was younger I wanted to be huge, and when you are bigger you do get some sort of respect.
    Now I only need to be better than other 48 year olds which is really easy to do. So now its a hobby that I enjoy rather than something I was so serious about before.

johntt44 likes this.
  13. Sworder

Sworder Member

I answered this query in The day you start lifting is the day you become forever small

There is more to respond to in that post. I am sure you were struggling with the anti spam filter when responding to these posts.

You can use the "+Quote" symbol that is next to the grey "Post Reply," to copy the messages into a virtual clipboard and then paste them in by using the "Insert Quotes" button that will appear in purple to the left of the purple "Post Reply" button.

Denying is the first thing we would do though wouldn't we?:)

14. hurricane

hurricane Member

Most definitely.

15. Cityofgrit

Cityofgrit Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I'm OCD

16. Laughed so hard my daughter asked why. Um, not sure what to say

GDL likes this.
  17. Do you feel that contributed to your choice to bodybuild?

18. When do you think that feeling started?

19. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

Answer is no for me.

20. Cityofgrit

Cityofgrit Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Perhaps....I think being an addict definitely did. I'm sure there were times where my OCD wouldn't let me skip a workout even if I felt like shit