The Depression Support Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eminem93, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Marcus

Marcus Member

Yup... I don't think its the testosterone that makes us so hard-headed and stubborn at times, it's cause we're addicts, haha

Johnson513, jymis and pmac928 like this.
  2. pmac928

pmac928 Member

I've been clean for multiples and my thinking will always be distorted. I'm just not as sick Amymore

Marcus likes this.
  3. jymis

jymis Member

Yah the two things I have to remember 1) I have a disease with no known cure, I will always have it but it can be controlled through some simple steps. 2) I don't think like everybody else and never will.

boodecarlo, Marcus and pmac928 like this.
  4. eminem93

eminem93 Member

Its not a disease bro your just wired differentlyx and unfortunanently society doesnt approve of how were wired because its not the social norm. Its taboo.

5. Marcus

Marcus Member

Tell that to the World Health Organization and the American Psychiatric Association. You really thing it's that taboo when you could literally throw a stone in any direction in public and hit an addict, and it's estimated that 1 in 10 people in the US are addicts whether they have seeked treatment/help or not. It's not that taboo...

6. eminem93

eminem93 Member

Using substances isnt taboo, being an addict is IMO.

7. eminem93

eminem93 Member

Most people would consider pawning tvs and sleeping in ur car so u can have money for ur fix taboo

8. eminem93

eminem93 Member

Theres no way 1 in 10 people are actively addicts

9. johnnyBALLZ

johnnyBALLZ Member

Oh yes there is..

boodecarlo and Marcus like this.
  10. Jimmyhoffa59

Jimmyhoffa59 Member

Robin Williams.. true depression at its worst. RIP. Didn't even have any drugs in his system when he hung himself... sad. I have been in the dumps before.. Returning from Iraq after all the nasty shit I saw and did.. didn't even realize it til one day I just started crying for no reason.. I had to get help.. I would have killed people. I will tell you.. if I was ever gonna off myself.. a few pedophiles and C ongressmen would be going with me.. lol Yeah I misspelled that on purpose so they don't auto scan the web for death threats.. fucking govies..

Wings_of_pain likes this.
  11. Marcus

Marcus Member

Most addicts don't have to pawn TVs and sell shit to support their habit. Most work and spend their entire paycheck or part of it on drugs and/or alcohol. Or, like you, go the legal route and get insurance to get that bill for them. You have a warped view on what an addict is my friend.

boodecarlo, redrum720, jymis and 3 others like this.
  12. eminem93

eminem93 Member

I guess we have different definitions of addicts, I always considered an addict as someone who cant maintain the illusion of living a normal life.

13. eminem93

eminem93 Member

Like I dont consider a lawyer who always takes an adderall before work and has a few beers after an addict even if they are addicted to that nonstop buzz, I consider an addict someone who is completely defined by their addiction, like if uv ever seen the basketball diaries with leonardo dicaprio, I consider that an addict, because he becomes completely defined by his addiction.

14. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

From the ASAM

15. OdieM

OdieM Banned

Hey bro look up the definition of INSANITY. If it describes you then seek help.it definitely described. I kept doing the same shit over and over expecting different results and trying it a little bit different then the time before and I always got the same results.

Yes it is a disease. Look it up. You would be amazed at all the SICK people in the world with this. I went to a world convention a couple of years ago in San Antino and I never seen that many people in my life. It was amazing. You are not alone.

chuckman and Marcus like this.
  16. Marcus

Marcus Member

I know a lot of active addicts and recovering who were well of financially, had jobs, families and everything, but that needle, pill or drink owned them. They were just as broken inside as you, as I was, or as the addict pawning his TV.

Look at so many of these celebs with plenty of everything who end up dying due to their addiction. I guarantee the majority were not thinkin I'm going to die tonight. And there actually is the ones who shoot up or whatever with the intent to die... It's always ruled an accidental overdose because they obviously can't tell if it was purposeful or not, but I know for a fact that I plunged a needle full of Heroin and Ketamine after popping a shit ton of Xanax, drunk as fuck hoping that I would never wake up again. I was never homeless, I came close, but never all the way... Addicts come in all shapes and sizes but what links us the hole inside. I filled it with drugs. What do you fill your hole with?

17. johnnyBALLZ

johnnyBALLZ Member

True story..^^ At my worst I was constantly high at work and still did very well for myself.. Only a handful of people knew what I was doing, no one else had a clue..

18. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

^^^ this. I've tried and abused damn near every drug out there and was able to function amazingly well in almost every case.

Marcus likes this.
  19. pmac928

pmac928 Member

If you are using against your will an life is unmanageable no matter how good or
    Bad you are in society you are probably an addict. If your able to really put some space between yourself and the last time you got high your thinking will more then likely change.
    It's a matter of how deep into your addiction you are.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    Marcus likes this.
  20. pmac928

pmac928 Member

It's more like 1 in 4.

Marcus likes this.