The Depression Support Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eminem93, Nov 8, 2014.

1. eminem93

eminem93 Member

Since diagnosed with my labrum tear, i havent been able to lift. So iv been doing 2 hours a day on the stationary bicycle while I listen to interesting podcasts or watch a movie or whatever... its helping alot. Its a nice eacape too from my current mental state because im going thru a klonopin tamper and exercise is one of the onlh things that keeps my mind from exploding.

2. tmac34

tmac34 Member

Late to the party! Not all have a hole to fill, they just like getting high and find excuses to continue doing so even though it is hurting themselves and their loved ones. What addicts have in common is that they are more selfish and have a higher degree of entitlement than the average person. When you are an adult and complaining about your mommy and daddy issues and using it to justify your drug use, you are being dishonest - you like getting high, period. It's interesting that in the most powerful and free country in the world, there is the most drug use. Home of the brave, huh? First world problems. You think Mobutu over there in Africa gives a shit that you had a rough childhood when he hasn't eaten in a couple days, has clean water to drink or his whole family was hacked up with machetes? My family was ruined by substance abuse. Parents both dead before I was a teen, brothers in and out of prison, etc.. Guess how I coped? Yep.

Marcus likes this.
  3. Marcus

Marcus Member

Selfishness and entitlement are holes/voids of their own and the worst kind IMO. They destroy everyone. Your story is a horrible one Tmac and nothing good came of it, except the person you are today willing to help another and create good. Every one can make s choice to rise above their addiction, some need help but it's ultimately each of our choice

4. tmac34

tmac34 Member

Couldn't agree more, but again I rarely find myself disagreeing with you anyhow.

Marcus likes this.
  5. dnoyez

dnoyez Member

You are right and you know everyone has their days ...

6. dajr225

dajr225 Member

This thread is great. Didn't realize how many people were in recovery on here. I've been sober a little over 2 and a half years, and been working at the treatment center I got sober at for a year and a half. I had to go to a few rehabs, detoxes, and got kicked out of a few half way houses before this recovery thing finally clicked. AA and NA saved my life. I'm still very active in the rooms and sponsor guys. That's why I'm still sober today. I hope things turn around for you @eminem93 and thank you for this thread.

7. eminem93

eminem93 Member

Saw the second hunger games movie today while doin my workoutt. Good ass shit I kinda wish there was a revolt like this in my lifetime. Id like to live in a more burning man type society.

8. Ozzy619

Ozzy619 Member

Whats up, hows your shit going? How in the hell can you watch a movie during a workout?

jymis likes this.
  9. pmac928

pmac928 Member

After a few years clean I'm still active in my fellowship. I have stepped back bit that's cause I've been able to build a life for myself and it's not all about meetings anymore. What I find crazy are Those who have had a taste of recovery I'm the rooms And continue to go out, them come back constantly. I just don't get it. Zero to 100 real quick. I've had my share of treatments but couldn't keep clean long enough to know what real recovery was. My
    Childhood was really awful drug use and abuse very early and while I was taught morals and values they were misguided. I used drugs to cover up a lot of the pain I suffered. Help is out there you just have to be willing to change everything. Addiction doesn't discriminate. Age, race, identity, doesn't matter. If your using against your own will then is look to seek some help.

Marcus likes this.
  10. pmac928

pmac928 Member

You know what's really depressing? Going toy parents and pops nodded off on the couch And my Moms slurring her words falling off a chair. That's depressing and makes Me fucking angry.

11. Big_paul

Big_paul Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

That's what I got brother. Depression is every bit as real as a heart attack, only more painful, and I have had both.

boodecarlo, eminem93 and Marcus like this.
  12. eminem93

eminem93 Member

Cuz im gettin surgery on the arm bro, tore the cartlidge in my labrum, so I all I do is the stationary bicycle now, its boring as hell but I watch a different movie that iv never seen before everyday which actually makes dope as hell.. been partying with my friends/girls alot more lately and movin into another big promotion at work soon so lifes actually good as hell right now, still trying an unsuccesful tamper which isnt really a tamper at all cuz iv been cheating like everyday thus week so basically im not tampering at all

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  13. eminem93

eminem93 Member

Hbu?

14. eminem93

eminem93 Member

QUO TE="pm ac9 28, post: 1154246, member: 65677"]After a few years clean I'm still active in my fellowship. I have stepped back bit that's cause I've been able to build a life for myself and it's not all about meetings anymore. What I find crazy are Those who have had a taste of recovery I'm the rooms And continue to go out, them come back constantly. I just don't get it. Zero to 100 real quick. I've had my share of treatments but couldn't keep clean long enough to know what real recovery was. My​
    Childhood was really awful drug use and abuse very early and while I was taught morals and values they were misguided. I used drugs to cover up a lot of the pain I suffered. Help is out there you just have to be willing to change everything. Addiction doesn't discriminate. Age, race, identity, doesn't matter. If your using against your own will then is look to seek some help.[/QUOTE]

Dude yah I keep toying with the idea of going to an NA group. I only went to one meetint before and I was just like this seems dumb, I think it was more the group thou

15. jymis

jymis Member

Dude yah I keep toying with the idea of going to an NA group. I only went to one meetint before and I was just like this seems dumb, I think it was more the group thou[/QUOTE]

When I first went I was like you, the problem was I wasn't done yet. Went back out found my bottom came back with clear eyes and an open mind and the place was totally different.

16. eminem93

eminem93 Member

When I first went I was like you, the problem was I wasn't done yet. Went back out found my bottom came back with clear eyes and an open mind and the place was totally different.[/QUOTE]

Ur bottom?

17. Ozzy619

Ozzy619 Member

Good shit, keep cutting and when ur better youll be in a good spot to add mass

18. jymis

jymis Member

Yah rock bottom, that point of desperation where the individual is both mentally and physically beaten by the addiction, where they will do anything to finally be free from it. Mine took homelessness and a couple failed attempts at suicide.

19. eminem93

eminem93 Member

Ahh yah.. iv never been homeless per say. I roughed it in an rv for a while but that was for fun.. iv had a couple half ass attempts where I left it open to chance whether it would work or not.. so iv felt ur pain brother

20. BBC3

BBC3 Member

Didn't REALIZE//?? Brotha..... I am here to BROADCAST TO YA.. LIFE IS ABOUT RECOVERY... Thats all it is. Recovering from one fucking moment to the next. LOL..

SURVEY SAYS....: 7 out of 10 Doctors have been in rehab and the other 3 just dont know it yet...! and YES... This includes the ones you contract for council in YOUR TIME OF NEED..

ESPECIALLY THOSE.. L............ OOOOOOOO. LLLLLLLLLLLL.................. ALAFMM!