The Joys And Jives Of The Chatbox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigrobbie, Nov 4, 2014.

1. bigrobbie

bigrobbie Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I want the community to give me some help. I was just talking to MB about the possibility of a chatbox.

Love it or hate it, use it or lose it...either way, you know you can't resist the rapid fire message swapping wonder inducing CHATBOX!

Ok, so I'm obviously for the CB but please bros...post your opinions so Millard can see the way guys are feeling...

I will say if we do get a chatbox we will all type naked as a jesture of bliss! but if we do not...I will be forced to join the Merchant Marines....I will have to escape the heartbreak I will be feeling. Please guys...don't make me go to sea! I'm allergic to water...so, after you finish reading this and not allowing my demise at sea to influence you, tell Meso if you would like or not like:( a chatbox

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. bigrobbie

The above post should not be read by those who consider stupid a bad quality lacking humor...it is for my bros who understand that I think stupid is golden funny! ;)

3. ruckin

ruckin Member

What is a chatbox?

4. bigrobbie

It is a box usually above the first forum and under tool bar and it allows members to message in real time. It's a fun way to just shout at your bros without a PM or guest message.

5. I didnt know either. lol

6. Go to UGBB.com and see it in action . Say hello to Brother Bundy & Big Herm ! ~Ogh

7. bigrobbie

Tell em bigrobbie said hello at UGBB! Danka!

8. jesse

jesse Member

id love that quick info and always somone to talk to in need of help great. bigrobbie
    your going no were lol

9. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

I think we should make a distinction between a "shoutbox" and a true chatbox with chatrooms and 1-to-1 chat.

A shoutbox is easy to add.

Full-featured chatrooms have more functionality but also greater server load.

What would you like to see?

bigrobbie and Oregongearhead like this.
  10. A simple shoutbox like UGBB has would suffice . I think it would work here . ~Ogh

redrum720 likes this.
  11. romaleos

romaleos Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

But with a shout box, how else will I be able to pad my post count with asshat posts? LOL

Hey whatever happens, I'll be there to join in on the fun.

bigrobbie likes this.
  12. ruckin

ruckin Member

Sounds like a nice idea.

13. bigrobbie

You know I was not aware of the different. Simple shoutbox

14. bigrobbie

@ruckin would you rather have a simple shoutbox or a more complex chatbox?

15. redrum720

redrum720 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Shoutbox shoutbox shoutbox I think you get the point

bigrobbie likes this.
  16. Skull

Skull Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

ya i like that idea..count me in..hell im down....lets get it!!!!!

17. I really like this idea, but the only issues I see is the following-

Will it take away valuable information that could be be seen from others members,,future members or net searches?

It should have limited use, all information that pertains to the topic should be posted, and all quick "hey's and yo's,fuck yous and blow-me's" should be directed to the "Box" ?!?!

I stress this because the thread will date/save the information containing all feedback that could be valuable down the road for educational purposes for him,her,the next or even myself.

Just some food for thought!

But,nonetheless I dig the idea (thumbs up)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    redrum720, Millard Baker and Skull like this.
  18. ruckin

ruckin Member

Simple shoutbox sounds good to me.

bigrobbie likes this.
  19. bigrobbie

Most sites that use shoutboxes have a strict no source talk of course. TID doesn't allow any AAS talk and I think those should be the first 2 MAIN rules!

It will need us to self police and not allow a good social tool to become a danger and a headache.

It will be smooth. I know I will be on the lookout for potentially compromising conversations...

Bottom line however is that they help break the ice for newbies and let long time members just bullshit! It's a good thing for Meso...Im convinced of it! :)