The real problem in fucking with receptor activity via exogenous ligands

zkt

is that it dulls the innate moment to moment responses to external stimulii.
Within the psyshological sphere there exist feedback mechanisms similar to that of the HPTA axis which regulate neural levels of serotonin, dopamine, prolactin, oxytocin and all the rest. Maintaining an artificialy high level of say 5ht, due to SSRI influence on the normal processes disregulates many other neurotransmitters and attenuates the normal changes that should occur in response to varing external sitautions.
Any even worse ; the body loses the ability to modify its own neurochemistry due to the blunted ability to respond to external stimuli.
Just my two cents worth.

bax

Are you speaking of using testosterone? Sorry if dumb question I'm just trying to understand. What about things like thyroid? Surely it's much better to dose exogenous thyroid or testosterone than live with chronically unhealthy levels. Especially thyroid where your literally living in a a half dead metabic stAte in hypothyroidism.

zkt

Are you speaking of using testosterone? Sorry if dumb question I'm just trying to understand. What about things like thyroid? Surely it's much better to dose exogenous thyroid or testosterone than live with chronically unhealthy levels. Especially thyroid where your literally living in a a half dead metabic stAte in hypothyroidism.

Was mainly refering to the effect of psychoactive drugs such as seratonin, dopamine, norepi, etc ligands which might do more harm than good in the long run by preventing the brain from developing appropriate neurotransmitter levels on it own.Thyroid, GC and androgens are buffered by the globulins and dont change much from moment so its not such a big deal. But serum T, for instance, does change considrably in response to a hot chica. Serum glucocorticoid exhibits both short and long term changes in response to enviormental changes but there is controversy as to the importance of the rapidly changing values.

BBC3

Translated.....:

is that it dulls the innate moment to moment responses to external stimulii. [prozac / paxil causes a "buzz"]
within the psyshological (psychological - spelling and buzzz zk:p this is important to discern that you are referring to "contextual circumstance/head-thought", rather than "physiological activity" - which is confusing on this particular subject/thread) - we can't all read each other's minds - only some of us sick bastards;) sphere there exist feedback mechanisms similar to that of the hpta axis which regulate neural levels of serotonin, (dopamine, prolactin, oxytocin and all the rest).(mental stimulus naturally keep these where they should be) maintaining an artificially high level of say 5ht, due to ssri influence on the normal processes disregulates many other neurotransmitters and attenuates the normal changes that should occur in response to varing external sitautions. [the artificial action of these drugs may cause the body to dysfunction in its ability to function on its own with regard to "ligand activity", and by interferring with normal physiological feedback activity in the brain..]
any even worse ; the body loses the ability to modify its own neurochemistry due to the blunted ability to respond to external stimuli. [it may be permanent. The fact that drugs like prozac do cause grow/new/changes to neurtransmitters is already proven. Whether its good or bad depending is unknown - but zkt is thinking it can't be good...]
just my two cents worth. [he likes it:)]

Last edited:

BBC3

Huh huh, huh, huh. Beavis...! Just tryn to help. Don't have my emoticons on cell.. Lol

Perhaps ill give it another go later if I make "the ZONE" today.. I confess I left out my usual detail in optional observational attention. So I was really pokin for specifics as corrections to my correction.. Lol

zkt

Just tryin to draw the sheep into the slaughter. < have an intelligent, informed, and evocaived persuit of ideas remotely related to the subject at hand.>
You arent texting while driving are you ? BJ`s while driving are distracting enough.

Sponsored Links

Latest posts