Tiaa cref

Discussion in 'Men's Economics' started by zkt, Oct 23, 2013.

1. zkt

zkt Member

Anyone into TIAA CREF accounts?

2. LW64

LW64 Member

Yes. Why do you ask?

3. zkt

zkt Member

Thought we might share ideas. Two heads are better .... and all that.

4. zkt

zkt Member

I took a safe haven in Cref money market for a while but about time to move.
    Have narrowed the field down to:
    TRPWX
    TRLIX
    TIMVX
    TIGRX
    CREF;
    stock
    global equities
    growth
    equity index
    The worst performance of the lot over the past year was + 21% and the best 30%.
    With funds like these fundamental analysis is out the window due to the number of holdings- that's what the fund manager does.
    If I didn't have a degree in statistics I would believe that technical analysis is voodoo, BUT it is possible to predict future performance from past in some cases. Anyone into this?
    I just cant see buying into a bull market but since all 8 have shown declines over the past few days.....

5. LW64

LW64 Member

Sorry, I lost track of this thread. How have these performed since the beginning of 2014? Without looking, let me guess and say they've all been bouncing up and down in a 10 % range??

6. Rainier

Rainier Junior Member

Just a question, why TIAA-CREF instead of something like Vanguard?

7. zkt

zkt Member

Performance

8. zkt

zkt Member

Yea, more or less. But aside from my CREF retirement accnt, which disallows frequent trading, you have the experience and power of, lets say, a 10^7 $ mutual fund at your disposal. Track their trading and follow suit in the short term. TSN is a good example.