Toenail Fungus Treatment?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by socalmk6gti, Jul 11, 2019.

1. socalmk6gti

socalmk6gti Member

So I'm not really sure where to post this but I figured I'd just post it here and see if anybody has any tips for treating this.

I've had it for a couple of years on one of my smaller toenails. I had a doctor prescribe me something that he said would most likely really hurt my kidneys or my liver I can't remember. But he said majority of people that took this medication ended up having internal issues It was that strong.

so I'd rather go more of a holistic approach if there is one but if anyone has any tips tricks or home remedies for treating it that it's actually worked I'd love to hear them.

TIA

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

It’s messy, but get some raw honey and put it on at night. My mom did this with her nail fungus and cured it. I also heard soaking your feet in apple cider vinegar also kills it.

3. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Got some ACV with the mother in it. Would that work too?

T-Bagger likes this.
  4. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

That’s actually better than regular ACV. The Mother is supposedly some kick ass stuff.

socalmk6gti and MindlessWork like this.
  5. MindlessWork

Oh yes it is...helped me with the terrible heartburn I deal with regularly.

socalmk6gti and T-Bagger like this.
  6. MindlessWork

I have toenail fungus as well on 4 toes (2 on each foot). My foot doc removed half the toenail of the big toe on my right foot as it was bad there. Going to try the ACV treatment.

7. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Good luck. My mom put the raw honey on the infected toe nails and covered it with gauze and tape. Within a week or so it was completely cleared up.

MindlessWork likes this.
  8. MindlessWork

I'll try the raw honey as well...got to go find it at the store or on Amazon.

socalmk6gti and T-Bagger like this.
  9. mp46

mp46 Member

ummmm can it really get that bad that prescriptions dont work?

10. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

The problem with prescriptions is that they are very harsh on the liver and you have to get testing done to make sure you can handle it.

socalmk6gti and MindlessWork like this.
  11. mp46

mp46 Member

Fungus isn't in my wheelhouse. topical antibiotics maybe, are we completely sure it's fungal?

12. MindlessWork

I used Jublia in the past...shit's pricey af as $80 copay for 2 bottles. My insurance paid $1300 for the 2.

13. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

:eek::eek:

MindlessWork likes this.
  14. mp46

mp46 Member

Let me see what I can dig up on alternatives tomorrow. Someone remind me mid-day if I forget.

socalmk6gti likes this.
  15. MindlessWork

Yeah shocking indeed, and even me paying $80 for the copay is :eek::eek::eek:

T-Bagger likes this.
  16. Meh you can use cheap clear vinegar too for fungus, if you wanna make your immune system stronger then go with acv, like Braggs. Also tea tree oil, can help. If it was jock itch rubbing alcohol would get rid of it pretty quickly cause it kills the fungus and keeps the skin dry.

T-Bagger and socalmk6gti like this.
  17. socalmk6gti

socalmk6gti Member

This right here, I'm already on liver support for orals but doctors assure me the script to treat fungus will hammer my liver. No thanks

T-Bagger likes this.
  18. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Can’t blame you there bro. Two great and cheap remedies right here to try. Happy healing to you!

socalmk6gti likes this.
  19. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Hot water with a small amount of bleach will kill it over time.

socalmk6gti likes this.