Torn Pec Major

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BR1217, Dec 16, 2013.

1. BR1217

BR1217 Member

As you can see from my pic I tore my Pec Major back in June, partial tear of the clavicular head from the sternum. I knew I tore it as soon as it happened, I immediately went to see my ortho. In his assessment he assumed I tore it from the humeral side and had me come back in a week for surgery. Once he read the MRI he realized it was from the sternal side he recommended that I post pone surgery. The drawing on my chest in pic is from my ortho showing me where he wants to go in. I have been training fine and can probably go on without the procedure but I have a window to do the surgery and it is closing. Lately I have realized I will probably never bench what I did before and that's ok, I am concerned that I will regret not getting the procedure done later in life. Anyone have any experience with a tear like this?

Gunrunner likes this.
  2. sebas1231

sebas1231 Member

I haven't experienced anything as bad but have heard of stories of making recoveries and even passing their previous prs however it's going be a long time till that time reaches

3. smiles

smiles Member

I have never torn a pec, but I have torn my lower right bicep, right rotator cuff, and somehow my trap muscle also my right side, I have pulled many muscles and broken a couple fingers Re-racking dumbbells... I have broke my leg, than Re broke it while In a cast falling down the stairs, the break went down to my ankle and they wanted to do surgery and I told the to fuck them selves, 13 years later I still he problems with my ankle, I probably should of had that surgery, but oh well ya live and ya learn... Lol best of luck bro hope you heal 100%...

4. BR1217

BR1217 Member

Thanks for the input. I recently changed my pic so it doesn't show the torn pec I was referring to. At this point I am leaning towards not having the surgery. I don't want to miss out on that much training.

5. BR1217

BR1217 Member

Did you tear your distal tendon? Did you have surgery? I have a friend who tore his distal tendon and recently had it repaired, nasty scar!

6. smiles

smiles Member

You might even be able to heal with out it, some times those doctors will tell you need something done even know you probably could heal just fine, they have to make money too mass corpra.. , nevertheless just stick with your standard injury recovery program, if you don't have one read up on Arnold's new bodybuilding encyclopedia and form one that works for you... I should of listened, but u didn't want to cause of football, that doc was very ambient on me getting that surgery, he almost stopped seeing me he got so up set, be in the end was cool with my decision...

7. smiles

smiles Member

My dad, I never had no surgery, I couldn't lift my arm for a while same with my byciep I couldn't grip a pop can nor lift it, I did my own physical therapy with soda cans up to a one liter bottle, than started back with weights till I was back to normal... Shit sucked lol