Training Differently On Cycle

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by SomewhatDamaged, Apr 15, 2018 at 10:57 PM.

1. SomewhatDamaged

SomewhatDamaged Junior Member

Good evening everyone,

First post, surely won't be my last. I'm still in the planning phase of cycle #1. One thing I've seen a lot of debate on is how to train in order to maximize what you can get out of a cycle. I'm one of those types that needs high frequency and many sets to keep progressing. I ask because I tend to vary my upper body work (I'll use bench as an example), with one day being heavier with 5-7 sets between 2-5 reps, another day being 5 sets of 10, and a 3rd being low weight with very short rest.

I don't post here expecting some revelation, but I will gladly settle for what people "tend to do" more often than not, as a starting point for me.

I gladly confess that I am a novice in the lifestyle, but am quite the opposite in medicine.

Any guidance/suggestions are appreciated. Regardless, my research continues.

2. Eman

Eman Member

You shouldn't be training any differently on cycle. You will have the ability to increase your intensity, but other than that... Nothing else to really change

3. SomewhatDamaged

SomewhatDamaged Junior Member

Sound advice, thanks. Just looking to not do something too goofy.