Training... Lockdown style

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Barny, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Barny

Barny Member

With all the gyms shut, how's everyone's training going?

Have some light and basic cast ion York Fitness Dumbells and a kettle bell, been doing a lot of high volume full body routines and a couple of runs a week, worried about losing mass.

Feeling a bit lost without the gym.

Hope you are all good?

2. Kingsmountain

Kingsmountain Member

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Just had a friend give me a weider pro set up.
    It has 250 pounds of weihhts.
    It has all the basic exercises I need to continue on.

Up to that point I had resorted to body weight only work outs.

3. Barny

Barny Member

That's awesome!! Been looking online for equipment and looks like all the prices have rocketed up?!

Yeah thinking its gonna be high volume, hoping the mass stays as it is. Had a 24 hour bug 2 weeks ago and left me 5kg lighter than I should be so trying to get that back with no gym is a hard job.

How long do you reckon the gyms will stay closed?

4. notdeadYET

notdeadYET Member

I think it will depend on your State and then your County officials. If you are in New York or California, I'd bet it's not as soon as say, Texas.

5. Barny

Barny Member

I really hope it isn't as long as the Universities here in the UK, they're all shut till June earliest :(

6. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Hearing June or July in Canada... was waiting it out and looking for equipment for home, everywhere sold out. Pulled the trigger today and have full powerlifting set up coming in 4 plus weeks.

7. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Killing it harder than ever rt now. Luckily there is a private gym I can use on occasion, but I was sort of preparing for this even before the gyms shut down. I switched up to more calisthenics and use whatever resistance I can such as a backpack with weight in it.

Yesterday was 2 decks of cards worth of bodyweight squats and sissy squats. I can barely walk today. I wouldn't recommend this extreme for most ppl, it was straight up misery

notdeadYET likes this.
  8. notdeadYET

notdeadYET Member

This. I dont love it but I've resorted back to military style, functional training. And I've been running, a lot, more. I may not love it, but I will continue working out and become a better overall athlete. If we are indeed shut out of gyms another 2-3 months I'll probably sign up for another 100k run. Yeah, yall hate running. Buttfuck it, I'm good at it.

I dont have plans to build a garage gym. I work from home 95% of the time already, getting away for 1-1.5 hours is my escape.

And when this shit all ends, blasting the hell out of some gear.

Barny and Millard Baker like this.
  9. kosp

kosp Member

One arm push-ups are way harder than I thought, damn.

Then tons of pull-ups and dips.

Problem is I get terribly bored doing bodyweight squats, I feel nothing with them.

Barny likes this.
  10. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

You ever do sissy squats with bodyweight? They'll light you up

Cityofgrit likes this.
  11. kosp

kosp Member

yes pretty sissy

how do you smash your legs?

12. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Try pistol squats instead

13. mindgame1516

mindgame1516 Member

Keep your reps 25-30 8 sets i guarentee youll feel it. Wheb i was boxing i dident do weights fkr month's. When i went back to weights i was able to do the weight i was only able to get 4-6 reps for that i ckuld now do for 12 reps easy

14. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

They tear my legs up because of a deep upper quad stretch a normal leg press or squat doesn't provide. I remember trying them in the past and not thinking much of them and then watching Tom Platz videos and trying them again and wtf!!! They destroy my legs

15. Barny

Barny Member

100k?? Christ!! Starting to love the running too, great for your engine and for a calf pump!! Have a 3 peak (Ben Nevis, Snowdon and Scafell Pike) challenge carrying a rowing erg and 50kgs of weights and a bar (between 4 people) after this covid mess blows over... Any tips for not dying ?