Training when you're sick?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Eatclenand69, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Eatclenand69

Eatclenand69 Member

Lifted on Monday - Chest & Back - Had a bad headache in the morning and throat was hurting, didn't feel it later on in the day.

Tuesday - Arms & Delts - Same thing in the morning, but I had a headache on and off throughout the day

Wednesday - Legs - Same thing in the morning, coughed up mucus in the morning and some headaches throughout the day

Today - Worse, constant headache, feel like shit but wanna go lift, or is it better if I take the day off from lifting and just consume my macros and take a hot bath?

2. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I would not train if sick as it will set you back. I know this as I learned that the hard way attempting to do a 405lb deadlift when still recovering from a bout of flu that took alot out of me and I was not yet 100%. I failed the lift as I felt so dizzy I fell over.

Eatclenand69 likes this.
  3. Gbro

Gbro Member

Thanks for giving everyone else in the gym Ebola. You.probably didn't even wipe down your equipment afterwards.

4. MindlessWork

In my case I went a wee bit too soon (got too eager lol) but I did have the presence of mind to wipe the plates and the bar I used.

5. Eatclenand69

Eatclenand69 Member

It is the worst feeling when you're eager to lift but can't.

6. MindlessWork

Exactly. I got too eager to go lift when I thought I was fine but I was actually not yet 100% after I felt better. Strength was pretty much nonexistent :oops:

Yeah my deadlift attempt then was a total fail lol...my workout buddy filmed it though (and he teased me about submitting it for a Gym Fails compilation) :eek: