TRT drugs as a supplement?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by tmw, Mar 8, 2008.

tmw

tmw Junior Member

I was 31 years old at the time of the tests in the attached file. Went to Urologist because of very low libido and weak to no erections during sex and early morning(used to be my alarm clock). Dr. said I was in the normal range but too low for my age so he prescribed testim. Used it religiously but as you can see, no improvement. Dr. switched me to striant to see if it would be more effective but that didn't work either. Went to Endo to see if something else was going on. He said results fall into normal ranges, but I was very low on the scale for my age but he could not do anything for me. I gave up on the TRT since my natural levels, even being low, are better than being on it. Here is my question but I'm also open to any other ideas or recommendations for my situation. I still have a bunch of striant and testim left over. Can I use some gel or a pill every few days or some other time period to get a little spike in my test rather than being on it throughout the day and shutting down my body's natural production? Thanks for any and all of your help.

HeadDoc

HeadDoc Psychologist; Super Moderator

so the problem may not be with the hormones. Have you done any stress management work? How about lifestyle issues?

tmw

tmw Junior Member

Could be a possibility. Can you tell me more about your hypothesis? Where can I find out more?

HeadDoc

HeadDoc Psychologist; Super Moderator

lifestyle includes work, play, exercise, self care, time to connect with family and friends, taking vacations, etc.

jinxie1

jinxie1 Junior Member

Perhaps I am misreading your chart, but it doesnt look like you ever got your T up above the 400 or so. You need to try a higher dose for a proper evaluation. Your testicles are downregulating, so youre not meaningfully elevating your T levels. I think it's time to find a new doctor if your current one wont increase your dose markedly.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.