TRT Jungle - What to do now?????

lovevixen

Ihave been lettingmy doctor play games with my HRT/TRT for over 4 years now and he has not once been able to get it right! So I am not going to screw around anymore this is my health not his and most Doctors are way too conservative with HRT/TRT for men when it comes to women needing HRT or Birth COntrol pills then these right scrips like theya re passing out Mike and Ike candies but whenit comes time to treat men you would think we where asking them to jugle liguid nitro glyercin !!!!

On top of that most insurances do not cover the really effective stuff due to cost and inthe USA all the best AAS's are onlya vailable onthe black market for Body Builder's, Race Horses and Pet's! No I amnot some radical either I just get tired of chasing my tail.....I have never had a job that allowed me to screw with something for 4 years not once ever getting it right and keep my job! So I do not see where I can do any worse then my Doctor to be honest. I live in fly over country so since I do not live on either coast mya ccess to compentent Doctors that would be willing and able to treat me are limited.

So I am going to try useing Tren in a low dose like 40mg a day witht he goal being after 12 months to be able to start to come off it an dsee where I am natural after droping a lot of fat while onthe Tren! I intend to reduce the dosage as the fat comes off. I might start as high as 50mg-60mg a day and over the course of 12 months try to get down to 5-10mg a days before comeing off all together and starting PCT......My goal is to correct my metabolic condition not to gain all kinds of muscle or look like a million bucks. I want to end up healthy which is what I think most people want to gain from TRT......I just think that Testosterone is not the only answere and in some causes it might not be the best chemical for the job. Anavar at 5mg twice a day is $1000 a month fromthe pharmacy so that is not the answere either. It should not cost that much being 30 years old. If I couldimport it myself I could actualy get that dose for $4.62 cents a month if I could import the powder legaly from China or Europe instead of going to my local Pharmacy.

I plan on keeping decent records so I will make sure I share withyou guys from time to time!

JanSz

My own Goals
DHEAs(500-640)mcg/dL(13.55-17.34)mol/L------------------major player, 95% time overlooked
Progesterone(0.9-1.2)ng/mL
Pregnenolone(> 100ng/dL)
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive(25-29)pg/mL
Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
do not use Anastrozole if possible or minimize its use
BATest(342, 460-575)ng/dL------------stay around 342 if you need more than 1.5mg/week Anastrozole to control E2
DHT(60-90)ng/dL (I am active when it gets over or under this range)
RT3(0.12-0.32)nmol/L=(7.8-20.8)ng/dL
TotalT3 in upper 1/3 range
FreeT3~400pg/dL or higher if TotalT3 goal not reached
TotalT4>bottom of range
FreeT4 rather low, do not know (yet) how low
Oral temperature (36.25 - 36.80)C = (97.25 - 98.24)F (no sinus or oral infections)
Ferritin(100-150)
###

I believe that when you start to play with trying to keep too many things in some small range then you will spend all your life chasing an unattainable goal and never get there. I also no longer believe in the DHEA hype. I fell for that hype from the likes of Stephen Cherniske last year and all it did was cause problems. All I got was high E2 from keeping my DHEA-S at 400-600. There are real studies that show that high DHEA-S is not beneficial to older men or women. It is no different than the progesterone hype from Dr. John Lee. Here is one study that shows that DHEA supplementation converts to estrogens in men. It did raise free T though, but not total T.

Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. - The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine - 6(1):91

Here is another study that shows that DHEA-S in a range of 61 to 95 in men over 65 results in lower mortality, especially cardiovascular mortality. Too high is not as bad as too low, but both are detrimental in older individuals. Since I am now 64, I choose to believe studies before the hype of individuals like Cherniske without the proper documentation.

Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate and Mortality in Elderly Men and Women -- Trivedi and Khaw 86 (9): 4171 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism

Since I got back to the basics of 10 gm of Testim and nothing else but the saw palmetto and 1/2 of an Indolplex DIM, I am feeling much better. I had sex with the wife twice in 45 minutes this morning and the orgasms were great. That is the first time that I have been able to do that for years. Dreams and morning erections are back too.

Of course, everyone is different and what works for one person might not work for another person. My belief is to keep it as simple as possible and go by how I feel more than the numbers. If I feel great at a total T of 400 then fine. However, I feel better right now that i have since this all began 2 years ago. I felt pretty good earlier this year when my total T was 644 and 862, but my E2 was high, most likely because of the DHEA that I was taking. When I stopped the DHEA, my E2 went from 57 to <20. I won't get tested again for 2 months, so I will see how I feel until then and what the numbers are then.

Also a think you to zkt on the doxazosin suggestion. I cut my fosinopril dose in half and started 2 mg of dox 1 week ago. Blood pressure is good - average 124/74 since then. I'm going to bump the dox up to 4 mg, as I have had no light headedness at all. The doctor gave me a script for 4 mg and told me to start at 2 mg first. My BPH has also improved and is better than it has been in years, so I'm looking forward to what happens on 4 mg of dox. I take the fos in the morning and the dox before bed. I wonder if the dox has anything to do with my performance this morning????? :)

JanSz

I believe that when you start to play with trying to keep too many things in some small range then you will spend all your life chasing an unattainable goal and never get there. I also no longer believe in the DHEA hype. I fell for that hype from the likes of Stephen Cherniske last year and all it did was cause problems. All I got was high E2 from keeping my DHEA-S at 400-600. There are real studies that show that high DHEA-S is not beneficial to older men or women. It is no different than the progesterone hype from Dr. John Lee. Here is one study that shows that DHEA supplementation converts to estrogens in men. It did raise free T though, but not total T.

Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. - The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine - 6(1):91

Here is another study that shows that DHEA-S in a range of 61 to 95 in men over 65 results in lower mortality, especially cardiovascular mortality. Too high is not as bad as too low, but both are detrimental in older individuals. Since I am now 64, I choose to believe studies before the hype of individuals like Cherniske without the proper documentation.

Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate and Mortality in Elderly Men and Women -- Trivedi and Khaw 86 (9): 4171 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism

Since I got back to the basics of 10 gm of Testim and nothing else but the saw palmetto and 1/2 of an Indolplex DIM, I am feeling much better. I had sex with the wife twice in 45 minutes this morning and the orgasms were great. That is the first time that I have been able to do that for years. Dreams and morning erections are back too.

Of course, everyone is different and what works for one person might not work for another person. My belief is to keep it as simple as possible and go by how I feel more than the numbers. If I feel great at a total T of 400 then fine. However, I feel better right now that i have since this all began 2 years ago. I felt pretty good earlier this year when my total T was 644 and 862, but my E2 was high, most likely because of the DHEA that I was taking. When I stopped the DHEA, my E2 went from 57 to <20. I won't get tested again for 2 months, so I will see how I feel until then and what the numbers are then.

Also a think you to zkt on the doxazosin suggestion. I cut my fosinopril dose in half and started 2 mg of dox 1 week ago. Blood pressure is good - average 124/74 since then. I'm going to bump the dox up to 4 mg, as I have had no light headedness at all. The doctor gave me a script for 4 mg and told me to start at 2 mg first. My BPH has also improved and is better than it has been in years, so I'm looking forward to what happens on 4 mg of dox. I take the fos in the morning and the dox before bed. I wonder if the dox has anything to do with my performance this morning????? :)

Doxazosin mesylate, a quinazoline compound sold by Pfizer under the brand names Cardura and Carduran, is an alpha blocker used to treat high blood pressure and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
=====================================================================

Consider checking adrenals, they may be responsible for your blood pressure problems.

There is
Cortef
and
Florinef
and
salt
that you may need to use to help adrenals.

====================================

DHEA Sulfate
Aldosterone
ACTH, Plasma
Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)
8AM/4PM/10PM---Cortisol, Free and Total

to look for need for Cortef, hydrocortisone (or Medrol)

-----------

aldosterone, renin, sodium and potassium

to look for need for florinef & salt
----------------

Sponsored Links

Latest posts