True Nutrition Pea Protein Isolate

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by FourOneDeuxFitt, Oct 29, 2018.

1. So for a long time now (about the last year and a half possibly two years) I’ve been a huge fan of Myprotein whey isolate. It’s worked wonder and sat extremely well with my stomach.

Recently all of a sudden I’ve noticed a bit of indigestion with it and some gut issues after consuming my normal shake in the morning so I’ve switched to something new to try out which has been True Nutrition Pea Protein Isolate. It’s a good deal at about $9/lb. it mixes extremely well (extremely thick makes good shakes). Only ordered about 3lbs of it to start out and the first day was terrible with my stomach. Gave me the shits all day. Decided it was probably jormal and just how my body was reacting to change. The next day wasn’t so bad and third day was fine and has been for the most part but some days are still hit or miss.

QUESTION FOR MESO:
    What different brands or even types of isolates do you guys use or have you used that’s clean and easy on your gut? I’m open to give anything a shot to try and find something that sits well with me.

2. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I use True Nutrition's Whey Isolate, Amino Acids, and Creatine Mono

3. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I love Allmax Isoflex, easy on my guts and like most of the flavors

Iron born likes this.
  4. TheH0517

TheH0517 Member

I used to use blends to have fast and slow digesting, but was staying full and bloated longer than I liked. I switched to dymatize iso and it’s been pretty good to me, especially for the price. And it tastes great. But I still experiment to see if anything works better for me. I’ve honestly dropped the amount of shakes I drink and try to stick with whole foods because it seems like protein powder messes with everybody to some extent.

FourOneDeuxFitt likes this.
  5. I have tried the isoflex. It definitely does sit well I forgot about that. Thanks for mentioning it. Great flavors too!!

Btcowboy likes this.
  6. Yeah I couldn’t agree more. Only protein shake I drink is first thing in the morning just due to time crunch and tough waking up at 3am along side some oats.

TheH0517 likes this.
  7. TheH0517

TheH0517 Member

Ya, I pretty much dwindled it down to 1 scoop with some HBCD immediately after workout. It definitely has benefits of convenience.

And damn, 3am is early AF. I thought 4:45 was early!

8. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

I like dymatize iso 100. I recently had a lot of dental work done so yeah I bought a bag of gainer. I bought a bag of ON gold standard gainer which I add real food to it like pea protein milk, oats, banana, and PB. So for post I’ve been downing shakes that are 1100 cals, 80g protein, 150g carbs.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    FourOneDeuxFitt and TheH0517 like this.
  9. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

If ISO’s give you issues. You may find relief switching to eaa for a while.

10. I don’t have any issues drinking EAA in my intra shake or cyclic dextrin. I’m more or less trying to find a protein for my morning shake upon waking. If not I’m just gonna have to wake up a bit earlier and make real food.

Maybe even try making some overnight oats or something ..?

Xlgx likes this.
  11. TheH0517

TheH0517 Member

With hard boiled eggs. Not together. Just on the side lol

12. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

Team skip blend from true nutrition

13. movingiron88

movingiron88 Member

Recently I have been dealing with GI issues as well. Whey has not been sitting to well in my stomach. I switched over to truenutritions beef protein isolate and love that shit. It digests well and tastes amazing. Plus it has more protein per scoop than whey. I highly recommend it as an alternative to whey protein.

14. Now that you mention that I can vaguely remember when “Carnivore” for muscle meds I believe first came out. I wonder how I beef iso would sit I may have to give that a go thanks for the input !

15. movingiron88

movingiron88 Member

I recommend giving it a try. I have been dealing with some serious GI issues and this stuff sits very well in my stomach. I seem to process it relatively quickly compared to whey.

16. Think I’m going to give it a shot. I have a little bit of this pea isolate left then gonna order a pound or two

17. TheH0517

TheH0517 Member

I think I’m gonna try the beef and see what difference I notice as well. There’s no funky steak smell to your chocolate peanut butter?

18. movingiron88

movingiron88 Member

Chocolate peanut butter cup I believe it's called. It's really good.

19. TheH0517

TheH0517 Member

Have you had a less rich flavor like vanilla? There’s no strange taste?

20. movingiron88

movingiron88 Member

You can choose the flavor intensity. Their regular amount is not very strong, because u can add more flavor. The vanilla is ok but I'm not a huge vanilla guy.