Vasectomy....?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Wunderpus, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Wunderpus

Wunderpus Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I am a late 20 y/o male, with no children. I'm not in a committed relationship, and I have an OVERWHELMING fear of getting someone pregnant that I do not wish to have a child with.... I think I'm going to get a vasectomy, but I'd love to hear some thoughts from our docs and people who have had one... I found a local guy who has a 98% success rate of reversing the procedure..

@Dr JIM @Michael Scally MD

Ozzy619 likes this.
  2. ruckin

ruckin Member

As long as you accept that supposed 2% chance that it can't be reversed, then by all means do it if that's what you want. Sounds painful as fuck.

Wunderpus likes this.
  3. Wunderpus

4 guys I work with have gone to this guy, said it's about a day downtime... they don't even put you under, just a local... I like it....

4. pitbull

pitbull Member

The reversal is alot more painful than the first, way more

Have you though about getting sperm saved for future wunders

Wunderpus likes this.
  5. Wunderpus

I'll talk to the doc about that, but I think it's super $$$, no?

6. D-Ballin

D-Ballin Member

Haven't had the balls (lulz) to schedule one yet. In a similar boat to you. Already have a kid and a failed marriage, and don't plan on going down either of those roads again any time soon. The one kid is more than enough, both time and expense wise.

But, I'm kind of worried at the thought of scalpels around my junk. . .

Wunderpus likes this.
  7. Wunderpus

Well, I'll make a log on it if I do it.

8. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

It's a lot cheaper to buy a box of condoms, plus there is alwaysthe chance you decide that you do want kids someday, seems like an unnecessary hassle when there are so many other forms of contraception.

9. Eman

Eman Member

*rolls up sleeves*

I'll take care of it for you, WP. Got a Staples right down the road, I'll get a fresh pair of scissors and charge you half the price the guy you're talking to will charge. You won't even feel a thing... Probably... Well, you might feel something.

I'll even throw in a complimentary bottle of Jack Daniels.

GearGodess, Les, rugerjitsu and 2 others like this.
  10. Wunderpus

Well, I really hate condoms... I can never finish with one, so, that's sort of a bummer.

Also, price isn't the concern here, it's the longterm risk avoidance that I'm looking to achieve.... 98% chance of reversal is good enough to me! Plus, my sperm already sucks from the gear usage.

11. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

All valid points, go for it broham haha.

Wunderpus likes this.
  12. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I'm planning on getting one very soon, too. I was under the impression you get it on a Friday, rest on the weekend, back to work Monday and a week out of the gym. I think like a week of no sex, too.

Kind of similar situation. Early going on mid 30's, no kids and 100% sure I don't ever want any, in a committed relationship and her doctor is taking her off the birth control shot because apparently it causes osteoporosis.

Only reason I've put it off this long is I'm put off at the thought of getting cut on. Need to just man up and do it, I guess. Will update you for sure.

Wunderpus likes this.
  13. Wunderpus

My consult is december 5th, I'll keep you guys updated with what I learn, and if i go through with it...

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  14. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

Get It Done ...

Savagesteve and Wunderpus like this.
  15. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I gotta do it too:oops:
    Wonder if the doc will notice my tiny ballz?:confused:

Ryno1980 likes this.
  16. D-max

D-max Member

I know several guys who've gotten it done too. They say it's more of an ache like you got kicked in the nuts more than anything. And frozen peas are your friend.

17. Wunderpus

Thanks doc. My consult is dec. 5th. Should I ask about putting sperm on ice? That seems like a nice fail safe.

rugerjitsu likes this.
  18. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

I wanted to get one done. But the military wouldnt pay for it unless Im 40 OR have 2 kids. So I guess I gotta wait 5 more years and keep pulling out and running down the hall to the bathroom clenching o_O

19. Wunderpus

I have no idea how much this is gonna cost, my gut says 2-3K

20. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

Still cheaper than kids!