Vial crimper suggestion/recommendations

Discussion in 'Steroid Homebrew' started by Jeffg353, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Jeffg353

Jeffg353 Member

Been looking at a Wheaton, Kebby, or Agilent brands. I know there's much cheaper options on Amazon/EBay but I want a quality product. I just didn't realize how expensive they would be (even used ones on eBay) but if u want quality u got pay a premium.

There's 2 different Wheaton's a standard n EZ-crimper but I'm not sure if they accept the flip off caps or just the standard aluminum peel off kind.

Does anyone have experience with either one of these or the other 2 brands I mentioned...kebby or Agilent?

2. Get the 60$ one, it works fine. Mine leaves little dimples on the side because I crimp like an animal so the top won’t spin, so far no one has complained about it.

mghoward74 likes this.
  3. LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

It just depends how "pretty" you want your vials to look.. i started off with cheap 60$ crimper , and its functional just not the nicest looking crimps though . Then I coughed up the money and bought a kebby crimper , and once you play with it a little you can make the crimps look flawless.

4. LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

Just for referance this is the difference between a Kebby and a cheap Chinese made crimper.. 20180209_083842.jpg

Edit: and its about 50$ more expensive but make sure you buy the one w/ the anti-corrosive finish , its a precision tool and you're working with solvents . So no point in buying an expensive crimper but going cheap on the options imo.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  5. master.on

master.on Member

A good-quality used one beats
    a no-name brand new one

Try to get steel-bodied ones as opposed to cast-Aluminum
    (check specs elsewhere or ask the Ebay seller if a magnet will adhere to the handle)
    And yes, good-ones are expensive, even used ones. Expect to spend some $100.

6. Jeffg353

Jeffg353 Member

I'm a perfectionist mixed with a lil OCD so the prettier the better.

LordSamuilo likes this.
  7. LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

You definitely want a kebby then , its pricey but its a quality crimper . Im the same way as you , I used the cheap aluminum crimper for a while but those ugly crimps gave me a migraine everytime I looked at them lol.

8. Jeffg353

Jeffg353 Member

I actually found one just trying to see if I can get this guy to come down on the price. The couple of Wheaton's I was looking at the sellers couldn't verify if they worked with the flip off caps so not taking a chance on something that might not work.

Ugly crimps would be a disaster. I'd have to rip it off n keep doing it until it was perfect. I actually bought a couple hundred cheaper caps just to practice with n get crimper adjusted to perfection before breaking out the more expensive ones from med-lab. If it's worth doing it's worth doing right.

9. daylight driller

daylight driller Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

You can normally pick up a used wheaten crinpenstein for around $200 just jave to make sure that the head is for either flip off or standard aluminum caps. With the crimpenstein you can get heads for capping and for decrinping.

10. Jeffg353

Jeffg353 Member

Any ideas as to where I can find one that cheap?

11. LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

Lol let me get in on this action too !! I was looking around and just for the interchangeable heads were going for anywhere from 250-400$ ! They're sweet for sure but a little to rich for my needs lol ..

12. daylight driller

I got this one off of ebay acouple years ago. I quit brewing but have held on to it jist incase i ever start back
    20180210_195133.jpg

13. Jeffg353

Jeffg353 Member

I just got one for $150 off eBay. Thanks for the tip

14. daylight driller

If the crimper is not for flip off tops you can make it work by grinding down the stem some

15. Jeffg353

Jeffg353 Member

At the rate I'm going I'll probably have a better set-up than half the labs here.

16. daylight driller

I would get tge setting down on your crimpenstein before using it on a finished vial. Sometimes they will hang and you have to hit the bottom of the vial on a hard surface (table or countertop) to get it to dislodge. It rarely happened to me although one time I did shatter the vial. Your otger option is to remove the head and hit the pin with a hammer and punch.

17. mghoward74

mghoward74 Member

Get a manicure you freakin hippy:D:oops::eek::)

LordSamuilo likes this.
  18. LordSamuilo

LordSamuilo Member

Hahah .. I know I actually just did , but I always forget about it . Im just a dirty white boy , im not meant for civilized settings.:D

mghoward74 likes this.
  19. Holistic

Holistic Member

I spent 45 on a crimper with 100 stoppers and 100 aluminum caps and it works perfectly. The name brands buy from China too. Heck, the raws come from China and they are good too.

daylight driller likes this.
  20. Jeffg353

Jeffg353 Member

I picked up the crimpenstein found a good price on eBay but it was the wrong top...not for flip off tops so I got the right crimp top on the way. I also scooped up a Kebby manual one for real cheap just in case the automatic one breaks.

Holistic likes this.