Was unaware how many malls in America went bust...wtf!

Discussion in 'Men's Economics' started by CdnGuy, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Maj1979

Maj1979 Member

The company I work for does a lot of mall work and they are definitely a dying breed. It's the ones that have little competition or have themed tractions within them are the ones doing good.

2. master.on

master.on Member

Now teenagers don't go to malls to meet girls/boys anymore

Now drug dealers go to malls to meet their buyers/sellers
    I'm stunned nobody has mentioned this: some SHAAAADY people at malls

Maj1979 likes this.
  3. Maj1979

Maj1979 Member

Yes, very shady. Everyone buys stuff online now. But lots of them kids at the mall just go to say they are there so it sounds like they can afford it. Most don't buy shit but just walk around in groups

4. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I also remember hanging out in the record stores too, back in the day.

Maj1979 likes this.
  5. master.on

master.on Member

I've always wondered why peddlers don't mind the many, many surveillance cameras at malls. WTF?

6. Maj1979

Maj1979 Member

Me too. That used to be the spot

MindlessWork likes this.
  7. MindlessWork

I bought many cassettes of good music and 45rpm singles then...good times!

Maj1979 likes this.
  8. Maj1979

Maj1979 Member

Most cameras are out of date, fuzzy and just don't work. Like parking lot cams never see tag numbers or really any description of people. The more up to date ones maybe but a malls budget is tight now so that the area the usually cut back on. I worked out with the Manager of a mall last year. He said it's the big outfits that run the show. They tell them what they want to keep a store there and that's where most of the budget goes. Anesthetics and visual appeal. Limited corporation is a big one I work for. They have Victoria secrets ,bed bath and beyond ,vans, Bath and Bodyworks, and a few others as well so they call a lot of the shots. The rest is split between H&M and Belks (we build them too) Macy's and others like that. They want the parking lot paved, they get it, they want new plants in the pots they get it. So parking lot security and stuff like that goes way side.

MindlessWork likes this.
  9. Maj1979

Maj1979 Member

The ol' tapedeck days. The good old days. Recording songs off the radio because you couldn't get the new tape. Having to fast forward all the way through a tape to get to your favorite jam. Lol

MindlessWork likes this.
  10. MindlessWork

Yup and I had a nice radio cassette recorder that I used to carry around. Good times for sure, lol.

Maj1979 likes this.
  11. Maj1979

Maj1979 Member

We in the digital days now. Used to hang out at On-Que, media play, Empire Records and lots of local owned small stores that sold the vinyl. Now it's Game Stop and ITunes. Lol

MindlessWork likes this.
  12. MindlessWork

Gotta get around to digitizing my cassette collection to mp3s.

Maj1979 likes this.