Went for a Bench Press PR - 405lbs

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by canadabber, Jun 9, 2019.

1. canadabber

canadabber Member

Had to share me attempting the milestone. (I know it aint that heavy really for serious lifters at all) but i was still happy to hit it:) I train and compete as a bodybuilder, so really going heavy or chasing PR's really isnt my thing, however my mind had changed after i added a little tren to my bulk cycle two weeks back :) (lol get that tren strength and was pretty close to four plates so decided to go for it!)

I suppose strict lifters (and probably especially power lifters) will probably point out that it wouldnt count in a competition... but i still lowered it down pretty slowly gave a puase about an inch or two from chest and was able to get it up so I'll take it:)

I threw vid in below incase you were curious how it looked!

prkway, eje1990, Eman45 and 10 others like this.
  2. 405 is definitely an accomplishment. 95% of people in most gyms can’t hit that.

canadabber and MindlessWork like this.
  3. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Doing that with no wrist wraps = impressive.

notanothersnake and canadabber like this.
  4. canadabber

canadabber Member

thx man appreciate it!

FourOneDeuxFitt likes this.
  5. canadabber

canadabber Member

Yeh i probably should have,,, lol my right wrist feels all messed up now! lol

6. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I wear them because my left wrist is unstable as I broke it when I was a kid, and messed up the tendon in my right one a few years ago. Benching heavy they throw fits lol.

The support is nice with the good ones too.

7. canadabber

canadabber Member

yeh i prolly should start if i want to lift heavy, i usually dont i usually just train with negatives and go for volume and the squeeze, !

MindlessWork likes this.
  8. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Great job, especially for someone who's not a powerlifter.

canadabber likes this.
  9. CAswole

CAswole Member

Good job. And tell that guy spotting you to keep his hands away from the bar like that unless u need it

10. canadabber

canadabber Member

thx man!

johntt44 likes this.
  11. canadabber

canadabber Member

Thx man, and yeh he was aggressive with the spot it kinda threw me off a bit but managed to get it up... i'll keep working on it, maybe do one in a few months again if my strength keeps going up!

prkway and CAswole like this.