Werdum popped.....for TREN

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Robfromga, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Robfromga

Robfromga Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

USADA announced today that UFC® athlete Fabricio Werdum, of Redondo Beach, Calif., has tested positive for a prohibited substance and received a two-year sanction for his anti-doping policy violation.

Werdum, 41, tested positive for trenbolone and its metabolite epitrenbolone following an out-of-competition urine test conducted on April 25, 2018. Trenbolone is a non-Specified Substance in the class of Anabolic Agents and prohibited at all times under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, which has adopted the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List.

I think that's the first time I've seen a UFC guy get popped for tren.

Breakneck and Millard Baker like this.
  2. TideGear

TideGear Member

Idk how you would fight or train on tren. It makes me way too winded

3. Robfromga

Totally...
    But strong as shit .

4. bigpoppachump

bigpoppachump Member

Talk about diving in to the deep end, he could have done wonders with a little d-bol and some test. Crazy that he went with tren right off the cuff with a physique like this hmmm fabricio-werdum-ufc-198.jpg

5. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

No way to get around the testing in UFC. Rogan said fighters can be tested anytime of the day 24/7.

6. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

"Substantial assistance" gets around the suspensions, however.

BigNattyDaddy likes this.
  7. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

What does that mean? Substantial assistance?

BigNattyDaddy likes this.
  8. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

There's another word for "substantial assistance". I just can't remember what it is called :rolleyes:

usada-ufc-substantial assistance.jpg

TideGear, ickyrica and BigNattyDaddy like this.
  9. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

Good to see you on here @Millard Baker. Site is running smoothly :)

Millard Baker likes this.
  10. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

This is how Werdum described the deal offered by USADA to provide "substantial assistance":

“What surprised me the most was at the end of the interview, it was something that I found absurd,” Werdum told Combate. “They said, ‘Werdum, here’s the thing: If you tell on someone …’ It was what you could call ‘delacao premiada’ (plea bargain). ‘Werdum, if you tell on someone’ – using the slang, if you’re a snitch – ‘we’ll shorten your suspension. Because you’re going to have to pay something. Even if we find the substance in any of the products we test, even if we find it, you’ll have to pay something.’

“… For the guy to make me an offer like that, to snitch on someone, that goes against my principles. I can’t tell on someone. Even if I knew, I wouldn’t do it. How am I going to snitch on someone to make it better for me, to lower my suspension or whatever?”

Werdum said his interview with USADA was a five-hour ordeal at a hotel in Denver. He said he flew from Los Angeles, and USADA representatives flew from New York.

“I felt like a criminal, actually,” Werdum said. “I know I didn’t do anything, but it felt like I was a criminal, like (I was talking to) the police. Two USADA guys, a detective analyzing me all the time. Both were USADA. I felt so bad, you know? Like, I didn’t do anything. Why am I doing this? And it lasted five hours.

“There even came a point when they were like, ‘Werdum, let’s rest a little. Do you want to rest?’ I said, ‘No, I don’t want to rest. I want to answer whatever you ask – I have nothing to hide.'”

TideGear and ickyrica like this.
  11. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

lol, gotcha. Should have picked up on that, slowski Friday over here.

12. Robfromga

Jon Jones took the offer. Look how fast he got back on a fight card. Wonder who he ratted out?

13. Johnny442

Johnny442 Member

Probably Werdum!lol

14. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

I'm more curious about who/what he could give up over the next 3 years -->

"If the Athlete or other Person fails to continue to cooperate and to provide the complete and credible Substantial Assistance upon which a suspension of the period of Ineligibility or other Consequences was based......"

He's obligated to provide "substantial assistance" to USADA until July 28, 2021.

USADA owns him.

No one is talking about that.

15. Robfromga

Oh wow . Did not see that part!