West Side training..

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Poopwithme, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Poopwithme

Poopwithme Junior Member

Hi there..I've been doing research on westside training for a few months now and I'm looking to put some of their ideals into practice..I was wondering if any of you guys had any experience with it..I am a recreational bodybuilder...I used to do powerlifting about a year or two ago...but body building appeals much more to me due to be symetrical and astethitcally pleasing..so have any of you guys tried or heard of a modified conjugate training method that allows the strength development ..cause I'm at a plateua on bech..stuck at 450lbs. My chest is growing but the #'s aren't going up and I believe this to be a lack of tricep strength..so any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Riemann

Riemann Junior Member

If you wanna do a modified conjugate training program, just do floor presses, board presses, etc., when you get stale on the flat bench.

I wouldn't try to mix the whole Westside program with a BBing routine though.

3. boz_hardwick

boz_hardwick Junior Member

Westside

Email me any questions. I've been training with and on the Westside System for years. Anything you want to know just ask, i'd be happy to help. It's a great system for bodybuilding because it involves strength and size gains for all fiber types.

Boz

4. boz_hardwick

boz_hardwick Junior Member

Bench Weakness

450 is a very good raw bench. You need to aks yourself, where am i weak in the bench. Where do i fail. Do the following: Board Presses just under your weak point in the groove - make sure you work up to a max 3. try and max out on the 5th set.
    i.e on a 3 board i recently did: worked up to a max 3 rep set of 525/3 then did 560/1. Do this with as your main Bench Exercise on that day. Then do 2 -3 in rack lockouts up to a max 3. Same Grip. Try and get 10 sets in working up to a max 3 again. small 20 lb jumps per set. so set a goal and work back 200lb to start.

Boz

5. Phreezer

Phreezer Member

Well, I think what you need is Dual Factory Hypertrophy Training...It's basicaly a bodybuilding program built on Westside concepts...There is a thread here in this forum..I think you should check it out..I myself am a powerlifter, and I did a three and a half month stint with DFHT and Loved the results it gave me!!!!

I dont' think you'll be be better served by another program....

And Boz-Hardwick...Why does he need to email you? Why not just post your answers on the board..That way others can learn and take part also...

6. Freddy

Freddy Junior Member

Good post, I was going to suggest the same thing.

If you want to apply a lot of WSB ideas to bodybuilding, no one is better to do so than AnimalMass, and he's already done it with his DF program.

7. Poopwithme

Poopwithme Junior Member

I tried DFHT last year, along with the doggcrap training method..I didn't work out well for me...I mean I lost fat on the DFHT but not a significant strength gain.

and I really don't think 450 is that great of a bench considering I weigh 250 considering that my last set of working squats i use 505 5-8 times..these are full squats