Western propaganda and the war in Syria

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morefyah, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

This was very interesting to me. Eva Bartlett is a Canadian journalist that has been covering the war on Syria. She exposes the lies and true propaganda of the western media and its allies. It’s seven minutes long and will open your mind to what really has going on and not what the media wants you to believe. Please refrain from posting your opinions until you view the video.

54chev likes this.
  2. i haven't watched the video yet, but i asked this same question to a co-worker, but he wasn't very insightful.

These citizens that were gas attacked. What were they doing when this went down? Protesting?

What prompted the attack to happen?

3. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

Well apparently there is no video footage or witness footage. The French govt who is leading the investigation claims to have found chlorine in blood samples. I’m not saying Assad’s regime did or didn’t do it without further evidence. I don’t think finding chlorine in the blood of the victims warrants starting a nuclear war with the Russians.

This is the kind of shit that goes down when the west wants a regime change. We already know it hasn’t been successful in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and multiple African, central and Southern American nations as well.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    MisterSuperGod likes this.
  4. x11

x11 Member

Haven't searched in depth but the media keeps talking about the hundreds of horrific scenes of gassed children and civilians laying in piles of bodies that died in agony etc.

All I could find was a noisy crowd in a room pouring water on people and scenes of a few distant smoke clouds.

No carnage anywhere I could see. Anyone have any actual footage of said atrocities that actually resemble a crime scene??

All I get is a nothing burger.

Isn't Syria the only Christian country in the ME with rather modern standards relatively speaking and they are at war with our greatest enemy.

5. flenser

flenser Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

The question of whether he did it is mostly a media straw man. It's small potatoes compared to what the Saudis are doing to civilians in Yemen - assisted by the US, and not worth mentioning at all compared to the half million civilians killed in Iraq by US sanctions.

The list of sanctioned atrocities is near endless. If Assad were a US ally, he could gas as many civilians as he liked, and no one would object. He would be protected both from and by the media.

54chev and Millard Baker like this.
  6. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Syria isn’t a Christian country. You might be thinking of Lebanon but even there it’s only half the population max

7. flenser

flenser Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Around 10% Christian, or it used to be. No idea if they are still alive.

8. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Yes but even at 10% that wouldn’t really make them a Christian country. I believe Lebanon has the highest percentage of Christian ppl in the ME unless I’m mistaken or it’s changed in recent years.

flenser and RAre like this.
  9. johntt44

johntt44 Member

How about Jordan? High Christian population or just moderate, modern, Muslims?

10. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Yeah, Ive only seen the videos, pics of people being hosed down and rinsing of eyes/face. There was 1 pic of dead people/kids but I didnt know if it was from present or a past attack.

Morefyah likes this.
  11. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

When I looked a little while ago it showed Jordan is about 92% Muslim.

johntt44 likes this.
  12. x11

x11 Member

There are primitive Muslim countries and progressive.

Syria falls in the progressive category IMO and have more shared values with us than some of their neighbours.

13. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Burrr likes this.
  14. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

Yeah Roger Waters is kinda of a pompous ass these days but I still value his opinion. Also I’ve seen him three times and it was fucking epic! The Wall, Dark side of the moon and Animals! Tripped balls each time too!! :) I just want to add all in all Roger waters is a cool mofo! He’s lived and started from nothing and earned his money honestly. Also unlike Trump, Roger Waters actually cares about human beings and works hard at tryning to better humanity...

15. x11

x11 Member

Trump is a greedy bassid tho, and unashamedly so, that's objective.

Love or hate trump is irrelevant, he is the embodiment of a greedy human.

Morefyah likes this.
  16. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Oh yeah, Trump definitely is but so is Roger Waters. Pot calling the kettle black.

17. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

Lmao, how can you compare the cost of an entry fee to a concert to a greedy, manipulative, egomaniac polician/real estate tycoon? Your comparing a entire musical tour that has to pay hundreds of employees to set up and break down every night and travel to different cities all around the world, lol to a fucking CUNT like Donald Trump. A rapist
    Slumlord!!

All because ONE dueche bag that asked why his tickets were so expensive and walked out of a Roger waters concert!! Wtf man??
    This has got to be one of the dumbest comparisons of all time.

18. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Every tour has the same employees, roadies, lighting, guitar techs, etc. Not every concert is $250. I didnt say Waters was a rapist,treacherous, evil or any of the sort. I said greedy only. YOU made those other comparisons not I.