What exercises are essential to your physique

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by 350lift, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Test_Subject

Test_Subject Member

For me personally, I couldn't live without,

-- Some sort of deadlift variation. I use a few different ones.
    -- OHP, because I just love the movement.
    -- Incline, to-the-neck presses on the smith machine.
    -- Front squats. They're just a badass movement in general and nothing else hits my quads as well. I also hate doing ab work, so these help.
    -- Super heavy cheater rows. For all around strength, these are fantastic.

2. DonaldPump123

DonaldPump123 Member

Love those incline presses to the neck too

Test_Subject likes this.
  3. Silentlemon1011

Silentlemon1011 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

My all time #1 that I cant do without...

Close group tricep bench press.

Really builds the interior of the chest and allows massive weight to be lifted by the triceps.

I always get complimented on my tricep size, it's all because of that.

close second is deadlifts, I'm SHIT at deads (working through some major knee injuries) and I'm afraid to go over mid 300s right now, but I love them and I'm working on it.

I love squats, but I struggle over 225.. once again ... knees... but i just cant stop lol

350lift likes this.
  4. I'm so happy I don't have knee problems (knock on wood). I know people that do and they're fucking miserable and it keeps them (or they say it does) from doing so much shit. Good on you for keeping on regardless, haha.

I don't get it either, I'm heavier than most people and yet to have any kind of problems with my knees. Genetics?

To answer OPs question:

Deadlifts, stone loading or cleans and an OHP movement. Those are must haves for me.

350lift likes this.
  5. Silentlemon1011

Not genetics for me... idiocy.
    Broke the right one playing football.. (Partial ACL and MCL tear with some fucked cartilage)

Left one got booted backwards by a thoroughbred I was breaking.... (Broken with a torn miniscus and cartilage is worn out)
    I actually thought the horse kicked me in the balls.. they hurt like hell.
    I was lying face down and I looked down to see if my nuts were okay...

I saw the toe of my boot, firmly planted in my sack (knee had gone backwards and I kicked myself in the balls)

Not pleasant.

Feels good when I wrap it tight as fuck for sqauts and deads.. but I'm still scared to lift too heavy lol.

350lift likes this.
  6. That sounds fucking terrible, I did laugh a little at the thought of you kicking yourself in the nuts. The injury isn't funny but just the thought of it haha. Luckily, I made it through football with nothing but a fucked up neck.

7. Silentlemon1011

In hindsight it was absolutly hilarious lol.

My one friend who saw it was laughing his ass off while trying to get me up.

WeMadeItToAndromeda and johntt44 like this.
  8. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Sorry, I had a laugh at your expense too. Sounds like a comedy skit! I had a knee replacement 3yrs ago. Easy peasy but I was young and I'll probably end up getting another. I've got pins, rods, plates in 3 other spots in my body too. Surprisingly, nothing bothers me. I'll be 51 in 6wks.

Silentlemon1011 likes this.
  9. jJjburton

jJjburton Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Standing chest press with the barbell against the corner. Hits the inner and upper chest like crazy.

10. DonaldPump123

DonaldPump123 Member

Always wanted to try that one

11. anfee

anfee Member

Dips anyone? Love me some weighted dips.

Flat barbell bench, squats, bent over rows, pull-ups, and I have to throw in some facepulls to light up my rear delts.

Anyone try out those max advantage grip cable accessories? Guy at my gym just has the close grip supinated one and it’s legit on high cable pulls... Just can’t bring myself to spend the coin on a few of them.

Logan44551 likes this.
  12. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

Truthfully, none. The exercises aren't important, seeing as there's many that certain people can't do, it's the movements that hit the muscle groups.

13. 350lift

350lift Member

Right but I feel form and exertion comes naturally for some exercises versus others for some people. Tricep extensions for me I don’t like.

skullcrushers different story

14. AlwaysHungry

AlwaysHungry Member

T Bar Rows
    Smith shoulder press
    Incline barbell
    Squats
    Close grip bench press
    Romanian Deadlift
    Side laterals

350lift likes this.