What kind of other bodily diseases can be caused by neurotransmitters?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by pinkman, Apr 6, 2012.

pinkman

pinkman Junior Member

I talked to someone who claimed that having high levels of anxiety over a long time can cause joint problems because neurotransmitters are out of balance. Is this true?

I also think I once read that ADD goes along with certain skin problems, is this true?
    This makes me wonder wether my skin problems could have anything to do with this or could be symptomatic for something neurological. I have always had problems which no dermatologist could really help me with:
    -deep sebaceous cysts which come and go and take a long time to be removed by the body

Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

You certainly have a way of going
    [​IMG]

1erCru

1erCru Member

I had the exact same problem with sebaceous cysts and also a disease caused hydradentis supprativa ( essentially cysts that move and leave bloody track marks ).
    The cause was gluten. Within a month the cysts began to heal and now they are gone. I had this problem for close to ten years before I figured out the connection. If you are gluten sensitive, the protein can also wreak havoc on neuros, hormones, and adrenals.

pinkman

pinkman Junior Member

Damn this is scary. How can you find out if you're sensitive to gluten? I mean I don't have diarrhea or fart a lot. Is it even possible to find out for sure if you have it? Cause I wouldn't want to follow a totally strict diet without even knowing if it's necessary.

I wonder what kinds of things can you even eat if you mustn't eat gluten? Isn't this in pretty much everything like bread,cookies,pasta,pizza and so on? :(

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    Dr JIM

Dr JIM Well-Known Member

Where and how some people determine a simplified solution to a complex medical "condition" based on a SINGLE ANCEDOTE is beyond reason. May I suggest psychiatric help. Been there done that? TRY AGAIN!

pinkman

pinkman Junior Member

This kind of shit upsets me. Some people act as if psychiatrists are the solution for everything. If someone has too many problems he simply needs a psychiatrist and he'll solve it all. This is retarded.
    Ever thought about that maybe some people have a lot of strange shit going on? Ever seen mystery diagnosis? But no, this simply cannot be. Everybody who has too many complaints and ailments is simply crazy. Right. :rolleyes:

Dr JIM

Dr JIM Well-Known Member

Yea, but it turns out in the end they are " no mystery" are they? The answer to your last question is; you are RIGHT, psychiatric disorders are much more common in patients whom have multiple complaints for which no logical MEDICAL explainatiom can be reasoned, and that's no mystery!

pinkman

pinkman Junior Member

Dr Jim you opened my eyes. Thank you so much. :notworthy:

1erCru

1erCru Member

Pretty simple. Cut out gluten for a few months. If cysts disappear you have your answer.

hulkhogan

hulkhogan Junior Member

Yep. I used to get these ugly cysts on my face. Got two if them and had to have them removed. I went gluten free (have been since 98') and have never got a cysts again.

hulkhogan

hulkhogan Junior Member

I have never seen someone survive a psychiatrist. Maybe they help short term after doping you p but long term? No way. everyone I know who went under the doc's care under up a bigger fruit cake than before.

Dr JIM

Dr JIM Well-Known Member

I may be wasting my breath here but, I don't want even one forum respondent with "skin cysts" to begin a gluten free diet based on this nonsense! Afterall how did you confirm the etiology is gluten enteropathy also known as celiac disease. There are innumerable variables which undoubtedly were not controlled for such as; medications, immune status, prior hospitalizations, body habitus, cyst locations and many more. Furthermore the definitive diagnosis can only be made with an intestinal biopsy, I suspect you had that done ... NOT! Consequently the simple cause and effect relationships you derive (based on one solitary case ....your own) when applied to others with presumably similar complaints is called JUNK SCIENCE and is to be overtly discouraged. One can only wish the practice of medicine was so easy. May I suggest the next time you cite a cure for the forum general population include at least one and preferably two articles from peer reviewed medical journals which substantiate your assertions, to do otherwise damns your credibility and may cause unnecessarily harm to the very people your attempting to help.
    Respectfully,
    Dr Jim

pinkman

pinkman Junior Member

I think this would be worth a try. How long would one have to be gluten free to see if that's the trigger? And what can you even eat if you're not allowed to eat gluten? What if you accidentally eat something with gluten? Is it all ruined then and you have to start all over?

Of all doctors out there I have the least respect for dermatologists simply because they hardly have solutions or explanations. All they can do is prescribe some creams or antibiotics. I also doubt that they'd even be interested in permanently curing chronic eczemas. They earn much more if the eczema people regularly visit them to get new prescriptions.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.