what multivitamin???

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by Massive690, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Massive690

Massive690 Member

what brand of a multi vitamin do you guys take????

2. joeycrabcakes

joeycrabcakes Junior Member

flintstones chewables. at the moment, vitamin shoppe brand

3. Beefy

Beefy Junior Member

I just take cheap Walgreens shit right now, but I'm eating like a horse and getting lots of vitamins from the protein shakes I'm drinking right now. When I diet I pay a little more attention to quality, but I still don't spring for the expensive shit. I go for the high b vitamin formula when dieting, too.

Nothing like shopping for vitamins. :)

4. animan

animan Junior Member

5. Massive690

Massive690 Member

thanks bros, i've been taking centrum for a while but ran out and wanted to try something new

6. TenMan

TenMan Junior Member

OK...90% of all the vitamins sold in the United States are made by one (1) company...Hoffman LaRoche. That being said, go for the cheapest...they are just about all the same.

TenMan

7. BodyBuildingBrat

BodyBuildingBrat Junior Member

I use Solaray Spectro Multi-Vita-Min. You have to take 6 pills per day, but, it also includes quite a few digestive enzymes.

8. road warrior

road warrior Junior Member

Dont waste your $ on regular multi's

Hey Bros-

Just wanted to point out that centrum, one a day... are about as effective as taking flintstones. The "RDA" listed on the bottles are the bare minimum amounts to avoid disease. Y Regular multi's are a waste of monoey. You should eat whole foods and look at a vitamin like animan said Ultra Man or GNC's Ultra Mega Green.

neopro

9. meat250

meat250 Junior Member

I just started taking animal pak, and am loving it...u know its working when your piss is neon yellow...LOL...although its 11 pills at once, its worth it when you consider it has everything you would need under the sun

Meat

10. lafayettehitter

lafayettehitter Junior Member

I really like the GNC Ultra mega green as well. I bitch about the cost when I buy it but it's good stuff.

Scott

11. Pablo34

Pablo34 Junior Member

Nature's Way multivitamin. I also buy their Vitamin C pills also.

12. Jono1971

Jono1971 Junior Member

Centrum Silver, with extra C, E, Selenium and also a Policosanol capsule to keep the cholesterol down

All the Puritans Pride brans.

And BTW, the US RDI's are about the worlds highest, not "the bare minimum to prevent disease"

13. bigslick

bigslick Junior Member

gnc - mega man

14. road warrior

road warrior Junior Member

Multi

According to Michael Colgans findings since the early 90's most on the shelf multivitamins met and hastily set the bare minimum requirement to protect against most major degenerative diseases. I have 3 books to support this claim and I firmly believe in following his guidelines when considering what vitamins, minerals antioxidans, phytochemicals... to use.

Heres the Books:
    Optimum Sports Nutrition
    Sports Nutrition Guide
    New Nutrition

I think we see the common theme here NUTRITION. To his credit, over time he has revised some earlier findings in later publications but still contests the multi fallacy.

road warrior

15. Joffa

Joffa Junior Member