What's in your portfolio?

Discussion in 'Men's Economics' started by CubbieBlue, Sep 8, 2011.

1. CubbieBlue

CubbieBlue Member

Real or simulated, tell us what you have and why you have it:

All of my stuff is in the investopedia simulator, but I for some reason am pretty attached to it and get pissed off if I start losing money. So far I am outperforming the S&P by around 7.8%, mostly due to VRUS and CAT.

CAT (Caterpillar) - I think CAT is a strong company run fairly well. I'm expecting them to get back near $120 a share eventually. They weathered the recession extremely well.

VRUS - Check the VRUS thread here.

EME (Emcor Group) - A mechanical/electrical construction company. I kind of bought them for fun to see keep track of them. I was kind of betting on this second stimulus package creating some sort of boost in gov't facility work for them.

NTDOY (NIntendo) - Interested to see how they fare in the next gen console wars.

Toyota/Ford/Honda - Own all of the above. I think Toyota and Honda will continue to rebound after production issues after the earthquake. Ford I think will end up being the only American brand you can trust in the long run. We'll see.

I bought some GTX and sold it off for a little gain. I'm not sold on their products, but maybe I don't really understand enough about them.

Also own Sanofi, Biosanti, and Gilead which are covered in the stock thread. Kind of just to keep an eye on them.

I just shorted Pfizer for some cash. I probably should have held on to them for longer but i kinda wussed out.

I am also shorting RIMM (Research in Motion) because I think that Droid and the Iphone will continue to put the nail in the Blackberry coffin.

2. Goose

Goose Junior Member

I have had HUM all year and I'm up 44%. Just purchased Starbucks as well due to the long lines I see everyday. I'm long on both

3. dbolman

dbolman Member

My best buys were back in 2008. Thrifty car rental and avis car rental. I bought them for under $1 per share and sold them for well over $50.

Goose likes this.
  4. korat

korat Member

TBT,TMV long term bond play that rates will eventually rise

5. ItsYaBoy

ItsYaBoy Junior Member

If you guys day trade and like taking risks play around with Organovo (ONVO) they print 3D organs and their price fluctuates within 10-50 cents every few hours, a gamble for sure, but fun simulator wise.

6. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

fuck trading, way too many other ways to turn money a lot quicker now with a fraction of the risks