What’s Up Y’all?

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Juicestin, May 22, 2019.

1. Juicestin

Juicestin Member

Hey everybody! I’m new here to MESO after lurking over the past few months and have finally decided to become a full contributing member. A little backstory about me - for most of my life I was an athlete and always in good shape but never really into bodybuilding. However, about 3 years ago, I got into a bad car accident that caused a brain injury which led to hypothyroidism as well as hypogonadism. My test levels went all the way down to 46 ng/ml! Starting a couple months after the accident I began to gain an enormous amount of weight and on June 26th, 2018 I weighed a morbidly obese 335# (see pic below). However, on that day I decided to make a change. I was on thyroid medication and had been prescribed testosterone so there were no more excuses for me to be the way I was. Over the past 11 months I have made a significant transformation and now weigh 204.3# as of Monday morning and am in comparatively decent shape (see pic below). I’m now looking to take it to the next level and just started prep for a bodybuilding contest at the end of September. I’m hoping to be a middleweight and since I have over 18 weeks to prep I’m hoping that I’ll be able to come in towards the high end of that weight class. I’m being coached by a friend from my gym who is a national level NPC competitor hoping to earn his pro card at North Americans in a few short months so I’m super excited to work with him and see what we can do. Anyways, I hope to continue learning from this forum as I’ve already learned a ton here particularly from @Mac11wildcat and his amazing log. I’m thinking of starting my own log as well to keep myself accountable to y’all and also as a way to log my progress throughout this prep. Thanks everybody for keeping this forum informative and positive and I’m excited to hopefully being a positive addition to the community!

-Juicestin
    47F8889E-A307-4A84-B4A7-9EBEEC86460A.jpeg 3E0C8671-1546-4C63-AD03-C0703A2B19E4.jpeg

bambam333 and 88GENERAL88 like this.
  2. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Thanks for the plug dude! Keep going; doing some great fucking work on that transformation.

Juicestin likes this.
  3. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Great transformation! Welcome to Meso bro!

Juicestin likes this.
  4. Juicestin

Juicestin Member

Thanks brother!!! And thank you for your log it’s really taught me a lot and given me a ton of motivation!

Mac11wildcat likes this.
  5. Juicestin

Juicestin Member

Thanks man!! Happy to be here!!

T-Bagger likes this.
  6. Mac11wildcat

Happy it’s helping someone else and not just evidence of my self absorbed personality :cool:

T-Bagger likes this.
  7. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Narcissistic egomaniac!

Mac11wildcat likes this.
  8. Juicestin

Juicestin Member

Lolol I’m sure it’s helping plenty of people man.

9. Mac11wildcat

It’s a bit of an inside joke :D. Apparently I’m the most conceited guy on Meso.

Juicestin and T-Bagger like this.
  10. Wow. Now that is what i call progress!
    Welcome to Meso and keep up the good work!

Juicestin likes this.
  11. Juicestin

Juicestin Member

Thanks brother - I appreciate the support!

MisterSuperGod likes this.
  12. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

Sorry to here about your accident, I know about those, I had one that ended my career as a professional athlete, let myself go, got addicted to pain pills, prison term. But through hard fucking work found myself again in the gym. I applaud you for your dedication. One thing I have learned is the only thing stopping us from accomplishing almost anything is OURSELVES. So if doing a contest and bodybuilding is what you want, based on results you already know what hard work is and have seen the payoff. Keep it going homeboy. Welcome.

bambam333 and Juicestin like this.
  13. Juicestin

Juicestin Member

Thank you so much for sharing your story and for the kind words brother! I couldn’t agree more that, more often than not, the greatest obstacle that we face when attempting to achieve anything in life is ourselves, our fears, and our insecurities. I don’t like talking about it but you gave me the courage too - I also had to battle opioid addiction as a result of the pain pills I was presecribed after the accident and sub arachnoid hemorrhage that occurred a couple
    weeks later. Going through that physical withdrawal and the daily mental and emotional withdrawal for months afterward gave me a whole new outlook on life and taught me about perseverance. In more ways than one, the bodybuilding lifestyle saved my life. It gave me an outlet to release my aggression and frustration with where I was in my life 11 months ago. It gave me goals, direction, discipline, structure, and a purpose; remaining steadfast on my diet, progressing in the gym, and making changes to my physique became more important than the drugs, food, and other poor habits I developed. It introduced me to positive, motivated people who supported me, held me accountable, and genuinely wanted me to succeed. I am SO GRATEFUL for finding this lifestyle cause I don’t know where I’d be without it - I may be dead, in prison, in some institution, just obese and miserable. Who knows for sure but I know it wouldn’t of been good. Thank you again for the support, the words of encouragement, and for sharing your story cause it gave me the courage to share the part of mine that I almost never share.

88GENERAL88 likes this.
  14. 88GENERAL88

88GENERAL88 Member

You are in a good spot brother, there are a lot of people here I think that this sport probably did save their life, a lot of people in recovery, whether it be for drugs, from food, from bad relationships. Regardless, we have this in common. Glad your here and glad to have helped you out. That’s what we do here. Stick around a lot of fucking really cool people here.

Juicestin likes this.