When do testosterone peak values occur?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by One, Oct 6, 2005.

One

One Junior Member

How long after an injection do the highest serum testosterone measures occur?

A graph including the first 72 hours would be ideal. Good references (to an endo than is not familiar with posters on this forum) would also be helpful.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
    James23

James23 Active Member

Offhand, I remember being told that serum levels after an injection peak anywhere between 48 to 72 hours, and are based on the physiology of the individual.

One

One Junior Member

I did a pubmed search and found both "<48 hours" and "48-72 hours", which seem to conflict with each other. The graphs below show a peak at closer to 24 hours. So I don't know which info to trust.

testosterone Cypionate
    [​IMG]

Testosterone Enanthate
    [​IMG]

stat1951

stat1951 Junior Member

Would be interesting to see what a chart would look like of Testosterone Cypionate with 250 IUs of hcg added to Day 6 and Day 7......

Larry

Axl

Axl Junior Member

Euhm guys...I have got another chart, but I don't know how to post it...how did you get it in the textbox??? A simple cut and paste does not seem to work?? Anyway, the chart I wanted to show is on page 4 of the attached...
    The table shows the pharmacokinetical properties of enanthate versus transdermals.

ABSTRACT FROM TEXT:
    Pharmacokinetic analysis of the IM injection profiles (Table 2) showed that peak serum T concentrations averaged 1462 6 408 ng/dL and occurred 2.3 -
    1.9 days after injection. The mean trough concentration was 330 ng/dL, and the time-average concentration over the 14-day interval was 815 +/- 167 ng/dL.
    END ABSTRACT FROM TEXT

I think it's a good study, it dates back from 1999 but it still has good information. Maybe it should be stickied because I have seen this question coming back on this forum and I remember posting this file before... There is no use in repeating ourselves, is there?

stat1951

stat1951 Junior Member

Main problem that I have with this study is that it seems that they are comparing 5 grams dosage of a transdermal (i.e., Androderm - or AndroGel type - transdermal that is 1% strength and delivering 10% into bloodstream - or 5 mg) with 200 mg of testosterone Enanthate asdministered every two weeks!

Talk about comparing apples to oranges (or - in this case - apples to watermelons!).

E2 levels, DHT levels, bioavailable T, Total T, are all going to show the early spikes and "rollercoaster effect" of 200 mg of Test Enanthate administered once a week as compared to 5 grams of AndroGel

A better comparison would have been to compare 10 grams of AndroGel (or Testim) to 100 mg of Test Cyp administered once a week.

Anyone know of a similar in-depth study charting these same factors that is a more appropriate comparison?

The best conclusion that I draw from this comparison is that THIS is exactly why the "old" therapy of 200 mg of Test via IM shot every two weeks has fallen out of favor with advanced TRT practitioners.

Larry

Weatherlite

Weatherlite Junior Member

For the original question these studies and charts do just fine as he only wanted to know WHEN the levels peaked. No matter the dose the level will always peak around the same time.

stat1951

stat1951 Junior Member

RE: For the original question these studies and charts do just fine as he only wanted to know WHEN the levels peaked.

Never disputed that.

Just said that the test sucked as far as being any type of "accurate comparison". My comment was meant to refer to how high the 200 mg IM shot spiked (not how soon or how late - yes, 100 mg would show the same timing, but not the same heights... and later lows) and how it was typical of the "rollercoaster effect" seen so often with 200 mg IM shot biweekly - or (even worse) 400 mg IM shot monthly.

Also we have to realize that individuals will have some variations within the "averages" shown by the charts. I doubt if the variation will be significant - except to the involved individual possibly!

Weatherlite

Weatherlite Junior Member

Ahhhh...I thought you meant in reference to the original post not in general. But you're right. New studies need to be done and published showing the better ways we now know about.

stat1951

stat1951 Junior Member

Yeah, would love to see a similar study but with 100 mg Test Cyp administered weekly - and then with different test groups charting the effects of 250 IU of hcg done twice a week. One group showing a charting of HcG administered on Day 6 and Day 7. Another group showing a charting of HcG administered on Day 5 and Day 6. Another group showing a charting of HcG administered on Day 5 and Day 7. Another group showing a charting of HcG administered on Day 4 and Day 6. Etc. Now that would provide some interesting comparisons. Again, comparing Total T, Free T, DHT, E2 levels.

Larry

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.